Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

FWB with a married man! Sexual content be aware.

Posted by   + Show Post

I kinda have a sitaution right now that I am really struggling with. My husband and I are happily married. He is awesome in the bedroom and I love him with all my heart. We have a child together and for that and many other reasons I would never ever leave him for another man. I've had a situation come up where a friend from many years ago has expressed an interest in me and I am fond of him.  Problem lies in the fact that he is married and I happen to be friends with his wife and children. He claims that he is happily married too, but something tells me that that is not the case. I've explained to him that I am not a home wrecker and I will never and have no interest in leaving my husband for him. I want this to be purely a sex no strings attached arrangement. Can this be possible with a married man? I am super afraid that he might leave his wife and confess that he wants to be with me and I just can't have this happen. I care for his wife to much to have that happen. Am I playing with fire? I am super confused and would like some advice. I kinda want him to tell me he was just playing around and go back home to his wife where he belongs and maybe just keep this as a friends situation. We have been texting some pretty explicit stuff to each other, but no plans to really hook-up in person as he knows I have family obligations ans so does he. HELP! We have an OPEN MARRIAGE.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Replies (41-50):
isaacsmom2013
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:15 PM

You are right about that! Tangled would be putting it lightly. 

allthatjazz251
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

You ARE a homewrecker. Your home AND his. Don't be selfish. There are other people to consider! Shame on you.

ronibops
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Firstly, I think you need to ignore all the ignorant comments of the majority of people on here. Secondly, since you and your husband do have an open marriage, if this is something that you want to do and are comfortable with then do it. Just keep in mind that your friend most likely will find out so you need to decide if you think that her friendship or the the texting and whatever that may lead to with her husband is worth more to you. I personally do not have an open relationship and I would not offer my husband or a friend a second chance if I were in this situation. Hopefully with some open minded honest comments you will figure this all out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama2sqgl
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:22 PM
you just have to ask yourself if its worth it of she finds out. being friends with her just asks for so much more stress and problems. how would you feel if it was the other way around and you didn't have an open marriage. do they have kids?

Quoting isaacsmom2013:

You are right about that! Tangled would be putting it lightly. 

isaacsmom2013
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:24 PM

That's just it! I don't want to be that homewrecker. I want this to end as just friends.He is a really great guy and I enjoy his company. One of the very few guys that I can hand out with and talk aout anything. Even his wife and I have talked about open marriages and stuff, but her husband doesn't know that I have talked to her about this and she would probably be open to some type of arragement.

suzy1125
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Imo you cannot be happily married as you put it, if you would even consider cheating on your husband! Oh and if your husband is so awesome in the bedrooms, again how you put it. Why do you feel the need to cheat. You are making no sense. Btw you are absolutely playing with fire!
DragonMother10
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:25 PM
2 moms liked this
You saying "I just want to stay friends and nothing more and nothing less." Won't hurt him as much as if his wife leaving him. If they are not in an open relationship, you're walking into dangerous territory. As I said before, it is better to find a couple that shares the same lifestyle as you and not have to be worrying about homewrecking a relationship.

Quoting isaacsmom2013:

So the general concensus is that this is not even remotely a good idea. I get it, but how do I tell him with hurting him that I would just like to be friends and that my friendship with him and his wife means more to me that FWB?

VintageWife

This is stupid.

isaacsmom2013

Yes. They are grown. He is 45 and I am 30. Although my husband is 56!

mama2sqgl
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM
I would just tell him the more you think about it the more your uncomfortable with it and you would prefer to just stay friends the way you were before. He should have enough respect for you to understand it.

Quoting isaacsmom2013:

So the general concensus is that this is not even remotely a good idea. I get it, but how do I tell him with hurting him that I would just like to be friends and that my friendship with him and his wife means more to me that FWB?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)