Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Mother-in-law blessing or nightmare

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:22 PM
  • 142 Replies
has your mother in law being a blessing or a nightmare?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:23 PM
2 moms liked this
A blessing for the most part. She treats me like her own dd.
C.Fleury
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Nightmare I guess you could say. I met my MIL two days before our wedding and that's the last time we've seen her. She has never been part of my husbands or any of my SILs lives. So... Idk how to really answer that. However she stayed with us before our wedding and after for a few days and boy I was ever so glad to take her back home !!!
OliviaW.
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

A little of both. I love the woman and she means well but she doesn't always go about showing and doing things the right way.

mysweet1s
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:35 PM
9 moms liked this

My MIL is one of the biggest blessing in my life.  She loves my children in a way that I am so grateful for. You can just feel the love for them pouring out of her.  Whenever I ask her to babysit, or pick them up at school, she acts like I just handed her a million dollars.  She really is the very best.  She is super involved in our lives, but never meddles or questions our decisions. 

In 2 weeks, she is joining us on a Carribean cruise...our treat, as a small gesture to thank her for all that she does for us.  Her response?  "Oh, I can't wait to spend more time with the kids!"  Who could ask for more?  

Ajsmommy912
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Both. She's opened her home to DH & I when we couldn't afford a place of our own, which I'm still, till this day, very thankful for! Her true colors came out after so long and I just couldn't stand her.
She puts a literal meaning behind the word "EVIL"

That woman has so much anger and bitterness in her heart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dimples303
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Humm... A little bit of both. She is a really nice woman but I can't get over the things she did to my husband and his brothers when they were younger... She was abusive and neglectful... She's changed sense then but she still does strange things like dissapears for months sometimes without telling anyone... I don't know... :x

hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:46 PM
A quirky, huge blessing
beeky
by Alexandra on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I had a great mother-in-law.  She was like a second mom.

michellej428
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Nightmare!! But luckily she has been out of our lives for a few years so we no longer have to deal with her.

Now my mom on the other hand...blessing doesn't do her justice!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbjb1024
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Both. She is amazing and treats me like a daughter. But since being pregnant and being a week from my due date she is a nightmare
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN