Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Proud to be LGBTQ!!!

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 8 Replies
4 moms liked this
I am so tired of right-wing fucking people trying to say that being gay is wrong. That LGBTQ people shouldn't get married and should just basically 'turn straight'. Sorry, it's who we are. We don't go around telling you who you can and cannot be.

Anti-gays say that the gays are destroying the sanctity of marriage. Totally false. With the divorce rate so high, and infidelity being at such high rates, I'd say it's the straight people that use marriage as a revolving door that are ruining the sanctity of marriage. Given a chance, LGBTQs given a right to marry,the same rights that all other people have, they just may help this country lower the divorce rates because they fought so hard for those rights.

And don't go spitting that 'gays are going to hell, God hates fags' bullshit. Times have changed. If the Bible were still used today as it was in ancient times, all you cheating spouses would be stoned to death and raped women would have to marry their rapists.

I am a mother of 3. I teach my children tolerance to everyone. And that everyone, regardless if age, race, gender or sexual orientation, is worthy of love.

I am a woman, I am a daughter, I am a mother. I am Pansexual. I am human.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
crystalrbp
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I couldn't agree with you more. I am married, bi, and a mother of two. I am proud of who I am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:19 PM
2 moms liked this

I myself am heterosexual however I have gone out of my way to make SURE all 5 of our kids were raised to not be prejudice in any way to anyone and to stand up against and speak up against discrimination of any kind when they hear and see it. I am very passionate about it.

Our 5 kids (3 girls and 2 boys) are all young adults now. 4 of them are heterosexual but our youngest 17 1/2 yr old Elijah is bisexual and has been in an exclusive loving relationship with another guy for going on 2 years now. They are getting their first home together later this year.

I believe gay marriage rights etc are not even a gay or straight issue its a CIVIL RIGHTS Issue and in this day and age should not even be a question. All Americans should have the right to marry.

YVONNE

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Umm okay.  So what you're really trying to say is...?

Welcome to the group btw.  Just so you know..  most people in this group are pretty respectful and tolerant of other's beliefs.  No need to come out swinging.

MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm proud to be a "straight ally!"

and I'll say it on this post too...since it's in a few different groups.  God doesn't hate gay people, he doesn't hate any kind of people.  The only thing God hates is sin, and all sin is equal, except blasphemy...so anyone who says that doesn't know what they are talking about anyway.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

allie5489
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

i agree with you!!! my partner and i just got married last year in june im iowa!! it sucks we had to leave our home and our friends and family couldnt see it. my partner is transgender.. it sucks having people act and treat us the way they do.. we are just the same!! we love each other and want to be together forever!! its not fair that strait people can run around and get married 6 or 7 times to diffrent men or women.. but a gay couple thats been together for 25 years cant get married or even share half the rights strait people have... but yeah i couldnt agree with you more!!!! :) LGBTQ rights will some day be equal to the rest

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I completely get what you are saying. I agree with what you said, although if you are coming into this group to make friends, you could of toned down the rudeness a bit. 

We do not discriminate and we teach our children not to. I am bi. People throwing bible versus around doesn't phase our household. I am Pagan, S/O is Taoists. We have 6 children, 1 pagan, 2 Roman catholic, 1Baptist and 2 undecided. However they know the rule of the house is you do not put down others. Period.

witheredroses
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

As a Christian I can see the truth of your thinking...God Loves everyone regardless..and that those who use marraige as a revolving door are also guilty of destroying the sanctity of a Godly marraige....The Bible teaches us to love as Christ loves...unconditionally...We are to love the sinner not the sin!...Is homosexuality listed as a sin in the Bible...Yes, but so is lying, adultry, murder, stealing, gossip ....etc.I also feel that the gay community as well as the anti gays are equally guilty of spreading hate propaganda....it goes both ways....Hate me for my words...I am strong and can take it, and it will not change how I feel...Jesus is the rock of my faith

alaskadreams
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Huh, I would say I am right winged  And I don't feel that way at all.  I say to each their own.  I don't understand what LGBT...Q?..(.I don't know what Q stands for and I"m sorry for that) deal with or how it would feel to feel how you do- just as you don't understand how I could love a man.  I think there is a LOT of misunderstanding going on because of that  and that's sad.  I think what is really important is what kind of a person you are.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)