Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

do your husbands...

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:44 PM
  • 111 Replies
Split chores or do you do all of it. My husband is very old fashioned as in he provides the money and the roof over my house and I make it a home. As for chores though he does dishes occasionally but the hone is my pride.and jot.

So where is the divide if power with you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hunnybunny2001
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:17 PM
2 moms liked this

My Husband is the same way. He makes the money. I take care of the house. He does clean the yard though. This is the way i like it to be also. It's my job to clean and all that wify stuff. I do not work so what else is there to do?? 

C.Fleury
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I maintain the inside of the home and we both maintain the outside. I like it this way. When I clean and take care of the inside its cleaned my way and smells a certain way and etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I take care of the house for the most part. My children also have chores, but my husband is not above helping me, if I need it.

gonecrazi
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Dh will help out on his days off. More now that I am in school.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Todd picks up after himself all the time and does odd and ends things around here and offers to do more (and just does it completely if I'm sick or something) I had to keep stopping him over and over again when we first got together bc he was use to being an awesome single dad and doing everything and once we got together since he sacrifices to be our sole provider so I can be at home even now that our kids are grown I WANT TO do all the work at home its the least I can do. I enjoy making our home welcoming, relaxing, beautiful and inviting for him to come home to. He deserves that.

YVONNE

ZsMommy
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:24 PM

It's a 3/4 (me) to 1/4 (him) ratio on housework

I'd prefer more of an even split-but since he works outside the house I don't complain. Just wish he'd be more consistent when he does help.

Bauxite-17
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Right now, he works, brings home the bacon, I cook, said bacon, and have a clean house for him to come home to, if I had a job though, the chores would be divided, but I'd probably end up doing most of the chores, because he can't cook, and I have a thing about dishes and just cleaning in general. If I don't clean it myself, I don't feel like its cleaned, even though I know someone cleaned it, I just don't feel like its clean if I don't clean it.

luvmyaustin
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:27 PM
We both do our share he does work and provide but we see a mess we both clean i do more of course but no genderlized roles in our home everyone helps down to our 3 & 4 year olds it works

Eta i realize my special genderlized word lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaitybird
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband will do more than his fair share of what needs to be done in the house.  This is just the way he has been since we have been together and that is going on 20 years now.  We each have things we dislike and since they are different for both of us it works out great!

.Nobody.
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I do all the household chores. It's my job. I also do all the snow shoveling... Now that is some back breaking work right there lol. Oh and I mostly take out the garbage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN