Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Bacon Bouquet V-Day Idea!

Posted by   + Show Post

Haha So I was looking for creative ideas for a gift or something for the Hubby on V-Day and stumbled upon this! I think it's genius because my husband freakin loves bacon. Lol 

Sorry if this grosses you out... :o

Take a strip of bacon and roll it up.  Most strips of bacon have a “meaty” edge and a “fatty” edge.  You’ll want the meaty edge to be the top of the flower, so keep the fatty edge aligned at the bottom.  On a side-note, I think that’s the first time I’ve used the terms “meaty” and “fatty” when describing flowering shrub.  I knew I went into horticulture for a reason…

Keep a pair of clean scissors nearby as well.  If your bacon is oddly shaped you may need to snip off a bit after you roll to make it lay nicely.  Now, I’ve seen lots of ways to make these after my sister first sent me a link, and some of them called for ridiculous things like drilling holes through a mini muffin pan.  There’s no need to ruin your best bakeware here, just grab some toothpicks.  Insert them in the bottom of the roll, keeping them both as close to the bottom of the bacon as possible and close to each other. You can actually do this without toothpicks, but it’s a little safer with them, since sometimes the bacon comes unraveled.

This not only holds the bacon together, but it creates a little stand for it, so it doesn’t topple over during cooking.  Place those little beauties on a rack, sitting over a foil-lined baking sheet.  Cooking them on a rack lets the bottoms cook as well so you don’t end up with mushy-bottomed flowers.  Because that would be an atrocity.

Pop them in a 400 degree oven for 20-30 minutes.  The outside should be crisped and browned, and the inside won’t be crisp, but it will be cooked.  

Remove toothpicks and insert a long skewer for a stem. You can either wrap these in tin foil or stick them in abouquet of flower foliage (cut the flowers off if you feel brave :o) and your done!! Perfection! :)

Heres the link for further instructions. :)

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2013/01/how-to-make-a-bacon-bouquet/ 

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Replies (11-20):
blueyedbaker
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Nope I'm the minority. I think it's gross. But my girls would love it! 

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I'm seriously thinking about this.

SlightlyPerfect
"Babe, that was amazing. We should do that every day!"
Yesterday at 5:09 PM
by Slightly Perfect on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Oh hell yes.

slightlyperfect

SlightlyPerfect
"Babe, that was amazing. We should do that every day!"
Yesterday at 5:09 PM
by Slightly Perfect on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Seriously? Hun, I already got the bacon sizzling.

Quoting Babujai:

I'm seriously thinking about this.

slightlyperfect

addiesmommy1109
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Bump for later!!! Yessssss!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dimples303
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Yumm baconnnn. Lol

SassyLaLa85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Neat and Creative

kayandjsmom
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I made one for Father's Day. Here's a pic.

He loved it.

mrspena
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Id make it but I think ds would eat it all before I could ge past the cooking part.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM

lol cool

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)