Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Ladies who are now 25 and older... Please be truthful… ****UPDATE****

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:17 PM
  • 148 Replies
2 moms liked this
What were you doing with your life from age 19 to 25? Please be honnist don't be shy AND NO ONE CAN JUDGE. No one is perfect no one did it right. If you have something stupid or judgmental to say keep on keepin on don't even bother to comment on anyone's.

****UPDATE****

I wanted to get some replies in before I said why I was asking.

I'm asking because at age 19 I was in college and found out I was going to be a mommy. I cried for 5 hours none stop because I was not ready. I got over it and started to except the fact that whether I liked it or not I was going to be a mom. I have up everything, smoking, drinking, party's, bars, even friends who all they did was party. A month in a half after I turned 20 I had my very amazing beautiful baby girl (who is now 5). I left my SO 6mons after DD was born because he was an abusive drunk. On my 21st birthday I did not go out and party I stayed home and went to bed early with my DD no birthday party of any kind. About 6mons later I meet this girl who was 19 and had a 3wk old baby boy. She came to stay with my but hen one day she met came back and I was raising her son. I took him in as my own loved him, fed him, all that good jazz a good mother would do. When he was 15mons he passed from a nasty illness. At age 22 I was grieving over his lose and that's when I met my DH. He pulled me out if the dark place I was in. Help me come back and remember who I was. After only knowing him for 3 mons he brings his son to home with him and the next day he leaves for work for 3 weeks (his son was 5 at the time my DD was 2) I took this little boy in as my own have him everything I had to offer a child as if he were mine. A couple mons later I found out I was preg and a couple weeks after that DH went to jail for 6 mons. I had to send his son back to his aunt, move back to where I was from and go through a high risk pregnancy alone. 3 mons after I turned 23 I had our DD. About 4 mons later his son comes back to live with us and yet again not knowing this little boy I'm left alone with him for weeks so DH can work. But like a good mother would I just jumped in and became mom. I went through many more struggles before today. I'm 25 now and living very happy married and we are expecting baby #2 together.

I was called immature, naive, irresponsible (because I had my first baby at 20) gullible stupid and the best part about it is I don't do shit. I stay home with my kids, I have NO friends I don't drink, go to bars, go to parties do drugs NOTHING. If I can't take my kids I don't go. And yet people still think they can judge me. At my age they were fucking up left and right, had no kids not a worry in the world and fucking anything they could. NOT ME I was a good girl and took care of my kids did what I had to to be a good mom. But for some reason they think they can judge me??? They don't even know me. NO ONE DOSE. Not even my own DH knows me like he thinks he does. I don't judge people everyone did what they did but to do all that shit then talk shit about how I grew up first fuck you is all I have to say. Sorry it was long got kinda pissed lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
C.Fleury
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Finishing up RN school and being a mother and wife.

Why ?
BelindaDuvessa
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Trying to find my way.  We already had 2 kids by that point, so I was trying to find a great job that could become a career.  I've finally found it, but not until I was 26 years old.

rbailey2414
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:19 PM
I had one baby and working at Dillard's at 19. I had 2 more children in between those years and I will be 27 in July this year with baby #4 on the way. I am a sahm currently. Dh is a nurse. I'm not too exciting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afwifeandmommy3
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM
This

Quoting C.Fleury:

Finishing up RN school and being a mother and wife.

Why ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kalejames2010
Got married at 19 and had two kids in the last three years.

Fyi I'm 25 will be 26 in a couple months.
maria1613
Drinking, and working. Didn't have dd until I was 22

Eta. I'm 25 now. One I got pregnant I started school quit drinking and now work and school
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM
In university, working as a RA and living it the hell up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EsmeVincent
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:21 PM
I got married at 19...but I was being a wife and new mommy
vwd_johnson
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Enjoying life the first couple of years, drinking, moved to another state for fun, then settled down, got pregnant, had 2 kids, got married, and lots of working.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:22 PM
2 moms liked this
Went to college, flunked out of college, pissed my parents off,, kissed a lot of boys, got drunk and joined the Navy, traveled all over Southeast Asia, spent 6 lovely months alone in San Diego going to the beach every day, and met my husband. I got married at 25, and I think I was too young and should have waited.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN