Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

it's ok guys we're all adults here.

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:53 PM
  • 18 Replies
One lady on here said crushes in adulthood are silly, which i agree with. But regardless, if i see a cute guy i kinda shy away from him. I don't know why i do this, i always have since i was a teen. I know there's nothing wrong with pointing out when someone else is good looking, it's only a compliment, right? Am i the only one who has silly quirks like this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I have no problem telling my husband if I am "totally crushing" on so-and-so if he is good looking!  And he will do the same about a good looking woman he sees.  I think the thing is that we don't do it all the time because that would crush our spirits!

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:04 AM
3 moms liked this

I barely have time to do the dishes...  I don't have time to crush on anyone LOL. 

AngelicMommy_72
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Lol I've got a crush on someone in the bedroom ;)
CameronsMommy23
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol!! At my age I see a crush as someone who I think is gorgeous but I will never talk to let alone see ever again. I'm happily married so a "crush" is just visual.
midjet117
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Lol I'm happily married too. It's just that every once in a while we end up with a family friend that i happen to think is kinda good looking. I don't plan on crossing any lines or anything. Just think they're cute that's all

Quoting CameronsMommy23:

Lol!! At my age I see a crush as someone who I think is gorgeous but I will never talk to let alone see ever again. I'm happily married so a "crush" is just visual.
MrS.GiFFord
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:27 AM
I don't know. I have never been boy crazy so I don't really find many guys attractive lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Um..

you kinda have to "crush on someone" before you enter a relationship with them. Maybe "crushing" isn't a very adult like phrase... But it still portrays the act of really liking someone.. While dating... Or before dating..

the whole, butterflies in the stomach thing.. I'd rather say crushing on someone rather than saying "she's a horny old broad!" LOL

Lorena
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I think crushing is fine. Yesterday my ds13 saw a new dr. after I was on the phone with my mom and told her the dr. was cute. Then from the back seat I heard mom but your married. Then when I got home they told dh what I said. We both laughed.
I am very happily married but I can appreciate good looks on someone else. apparently the kids feel different. Lol
tiredmama42
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I have crushes on Movie stars and DH get jealous.  Every once in awhile I get a guy in the office I think is cute/handsome but I dont consider it a crush.   As long as you dont act on things I dont think there is anything wrong with it.  But If Chatum Tanning showed up at my door Id act on it..lol

Gmgej
by Michele on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I usually develop crushes here and there and many are on other women and I am straight so no I don't take them seriously.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)