Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

My Seattle/Canada adventure!! *pic*

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:04 AM
  • 7 Replies

Jan 18th I flew from Kansas City, where I live, to Seattle. Spent the afternoon in Seattle. I went to Pike Place market & the original Starbucks which was cool. But it was foggy and freezing cold! I went up inside the space needle and saw a Chihuly blown glass art exhibit. Seattle was a lot different than I imagined it but still cool. My profile pic is me at the blown glass exhibit with the space needle behind me.

We drove from Seattle into Canada that night. We stayed the night in Vancouver and didn't realize til we got there that our hotel was in a huge Chinatown like place. Which means no food other than Asian cuisine, very few people who aren't Asian, and lots of funny looks at the only group of American tourists anywhere around. It was hilarious bc we were so out of place and we were totally lost. Haha

The next morning we drove into Whistler, Canada. Part of the Olympics were held there in 2010. It was so gorgeous!! We had a 2 story loft hotel room with a nice fireplace. We went ziplining on a twilight group so half our time was during daylight and half was in complete darkness. We got to do 5 ziplines through the mtns and above a lake. I can't say enough how amazing it was!! I even flew across the lines without holding on. We went higher and higher into the mtns via suspension bridges and tree houses basically! We visited the Olympic park, had a nice dinner in Whistler vllage, shopped a bit, and had a great time in the snow.

We drove back into Seattle and spent one last night before flying back home. It was a great trip!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
charity62
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

sound like a great trip

justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
That's so cool! How fun
MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a blast!!

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Vipergirl22
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmm, the fog must have been when we had it for about 2 weeks straight. Very hard to see and thick. Didn't clear up at all. I love Seattle, wish I could spend more time there. Sounds like a really fun trip.

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Awww! !! Awesome! Glad you had a great time! Sounds fun.
MomToovey
by Marianne on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds awesome!

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

How awesome!!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)