Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

ways to boost self esteem?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 8 Replies
I usually keep stuff like this to myself but my self esteem is just pretty low this week. What are some ways you boost up self esteem and confidence?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
theresaphilly
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Get rid of the assholes that surrounds you! Works wonders for me.

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:50 PM
2 moms liked this

I take action and accomplish something.

Swt7
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Staying calm and focused,being happy throughout,encouraging myself and pressing on,loving the real me!
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Get dressed. Not in sweats, but in actual cute clothes, do your hair and put on make up, then leave the house for a couple of hours. Seriously, people underestimate the power of just getting up and getting ready to go somewhere, anywhere. It's easy to feel bad about yourself if you mope around in sweats or pajamas looking like you just woke up all the time.
Anryan
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

practice security, every minute of every day.  We women are great at practicing insecurity and we need to do the opposite.  Every single thought we have that is negative/insecure we need to counter it with the opposite...

For example:  I'm ugly.  counter with "my dh married me because he loves me for me, he thinks i'm beautiful"...etc.  It's hard.  But if you can do it every single time, it becomes habit and your life will change.

Plus, i love what ReadWriteLuv said...it is sooooo easy to get moped out by the sweats and stuck in the house.  I get dressed "nice" daily, brush my hair, put on shoes (very important) and even walk outside for  a second even if is it just down the driveway.

finlyhappy65
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Practice every day - if you can't say something positive about yourself then try to just recognize and stop any negative talk.  Just when you start in on yourself, say "Stop, I wouldn't say that to my best friend or worst enemy" and soon you will know you don't deserve it.

amylovesnick07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Thank you ladies for all the wonderful advice. I appreciate it :)
MomToovey
by Marianne on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM

So much good advice already. I do agree with the getting dressed each morning - taking the time to make yourself look presentable will motivate you to do well in all you tackle that day. I also completely agree with the moms who encouraged you to practice security.

What do I do when I have low self esteem? I usually cry, and then talk to my DH about it and he is always there with the right things to say. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)