Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I miss him...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:36 AM
  • 21 Replies
It's been six days since my husband and I have slept a full night together in the same bed.
I miss his warmth next to me and the rhythm of his breathing against my back.
It's such a strange sensation to miss someone while you're looking right at them.
We knew having a baby would change things. I didn't think it would break my heart.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:05 AM

I'm sorry, I hope it gets better soon. I always made our kids sleep in their own rooms,moms and dads need their sleep and alone time too.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:06 AM

Maybe you have a little post-partum depression going on?

MooreBoysMama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:56 AM
The first year is ruff. You guys will get into a groove and find time together. It takes more than 6 days to get into a routine with your new baby.

Hang in there..
SarineLewis
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:27 AM
Sorry to hear. :( With our different schedules, ds being in our room and me being pregnant dh has opted for the couch a bunch. He stays up late doing school and doesn't want to wake us by moving us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Swt7
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Be patient and talk to him about how you feel also tell him you're ready bse he might not be knowing it,my dh did that after i had dd but when i asked him he claimed that he never knew i was healed yet,so communication works more for me in my marriage.
Try talking about it.
Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:51 AM
I don't think I do.
It's just hard to go from being just us for six years and suddenly having to adjust everything for our daughter. It's a big change.

Quoting Lindalou907:

Maybe you have a little post-partum depression going on?

Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:58 AM
I'm not healed or ready for sex yet. It's only been six days since I gave birth. I'm just not used to sleeping by myself. After Andi was born, my husband decided he'd stay in bed and cuddle with me until her first night time feeding then he'd go sleep on the couch so that he wouldn't be woken up and could be alert for the day. I appreciate his thoughtfulness so much because I've really needed him to be awake to help with things around the house. It's just a big adjustment going from only him and me to him and me and a baby.

Quoting Swt7:

Be patient and talk to him about how you feel also tell him you're ready bse he might not be knowing it,my dh did that after i had dd but when i asked him he claimed that he never knew i was healed yet,so communication works more for me in my marriage.

Try talking about it.

Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:01 AM
She has reflux. If she slept away from me, I wouldn't hear her spit up and she might choke on it. We've had some rough scares when she was awake even and I don't want to chance it.

Quoting Lindalou907:

I'm sorry, I hope it gets better soon. I always made our kids sleep in their own rooms,moms and dads need their sleep and alone time too.

Ninjascreenname
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:03 AM
It's a hard adjustment. You will adjust though. I'm promising that this will get better. Watch for signs of PPD though, because you sound where I had been for the last week emotionally and they called me in medicine for it
Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:12 AM
You're the second person to mention PPD... I really don't think I have it though. I don't really have any of the symptoms. I barely have baby blues symptoms. I did cry a bit the other day when my husband and I got to shower together for the first time in a few days. In the six years we've been together, we only showered seperate once before then and that was because we were at a camp ground and the showers were gender divided. So I teared up because it was nice to have that connection again after having a break.

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

It's a hard adjustment. You will adjust though. I'm promising that this will get better. Watch for signs of PPD though, because you sound where I had been for the last week emotionally and they called me in medicine for it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)