Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you read trashy romance novels?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:29 AM
  • 46 Replies

I do! They are one of my vices in life, I have several series that I'm completely addicted to. That said, I don't like a novel to be nothing but sex, sex, sex, I want interesting plot in there too. I used to read the Anita Blake series by Laurel K. Hamilton when it was still interesting, but stopped several books ago because there was no plot anymore, it was just Anita having sex with 17 men at a time. 

Some of the authors I love are Karen Marie Moning, Kresley Cole, Gena Showalter, Lara Adrian, Larissa Ione, and Darynda Jones, (although hers have only have little bitty bits of sex). 

Do you read romance novels? Do they get you going? And what do you read? 

By the way, don't expect any 50 Shades love from me, I thought those were the most ridiculous, poorly written, knocked off novels ever. EVER. I could go on for days about how awful they are, not because of the bondage, but because they SUCK.

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BKozICan
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Yes!! Basics like Jude Devereaux, Johanna Lyndsey, Lisa Kleypas. I really stick to mostly historical romance.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Have you ever read Outlander? One of my friends loved it, and I enjoyed it too but it's loooooooooong. I have a thing for Scottish Highlanders. ;-)

Quoting BKozICan:

Yes!! Basics like Jude Devereaux, Johanna Lyndsey, Lisa Kleypas. I really stick to mostly historical romance.

SuperMom2433
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Honestly, I never got into them. I did read the Fifty Shades series. I thought it was good but like I said I haven't read any others. Im actually looking to read more but not sure where to start. Im going to check out some of the authors you mentioned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Start with The Highlander series by Karen Marie Moning, it segueys into her current series, The Fever, after book 5. You can get a 5 for $25 deal on Amazon and qualify for free shipping. Karen Marie Moning is amazing!!!

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Honestly, I never got into them. I did read the Fifty Shades series. I thought it was good but like I said I haven't read any others. Im actually looking to read more but not sure where to start. Im going to check out some of the authors you mentioned.

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:40 AM
No. I don't like them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andersongirl562
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Yes I love Christine Feehan, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Laura Leigh, and Johanna Lindsey
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Ah, thank you! :). By chance, are these at Walmart?

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Start with The Highlander series by Karen Marie Moning, it segueys into her current series, The Fever, after book 5. You can get a 5 for $25 deal on Amazon and qualify for free shipping. Karen Marie Moning is amazing!!!

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyto3bees
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM

no to crappily written for me

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

They have them on Walmart.com, I just looked. :-)

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Ah, thank you! :). By chance, are these at Walmart?

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Quoting SuperMom2433:

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Yes, I read trashy novels, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)