Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

my husband??

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM
  • 21 Replies
My husband sleeps all the time it drives me crazy! He says that he is sick but for months. I feel like he does it cause first it drives me nuts second to get away from me and the kids. Any thoughts from you ladies?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emarin77
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM

He could be not getting enough sleep the night before or maybe depression.

MJP76
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Not enough sleep, depression, drug abuse..

a lot of times people will say "I'm sick" or "I don't feel good" which depression, and drug abuse because they don't want to admit what is really wrong.. Is he also moody?

Jodi_A
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

My DH has depression, and he's a sleeper.  It's hard to not take it personal, or feel resentful (hey, I work all day too but he gets to escape and I have to make dinner/get DD ready for bed/review homework/prep for the next day).  It can definitely be something medical, I suggest you go with him to the doctor so the doctor can hear both your DH's version and yours of what is going on.

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM

He could be suffering from depression or a lack of Iron 

PrdNate
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM
I think it may be depression - and if it is he really can't help how he is acting. Maybe he should see a doctor because he may need medicine. I know it's hard to deal with but you have to hang in there and be supportive. Remember... "for better or worse, in sickness and in health" - this is one of those times that you need to be strong for him and help figure out what is going on. Good Luck!!
CrazyLife1996
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I agree with everyone else it sounds like depression.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Ask him if he is willing to start taking daily vitamins. I was sleepy all the time...literally would wake up from 10 hours of sleep and I'd be falling asleep sitting up, counting theminutes until DD took a nap so I could, too. I started taking daily multivitamins and it helped a lot.

xoxRachelxox
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Depression or maybe he's sick?

MomRocs1102
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:58 PM

may just need a multivitamin or some extra Zzzz at night.  MY husband can sleep all day as well

finlyhappy65
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Have you suggested he see a doctor? That is where I would start because it could be depression or avoidance or sickness or maybe he works a lot. You didn't really give a lot of details

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN