Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
After my first marriage I promised myself I'd never do it again. I've been with my bf, who I have my little girl with, for 3 years and those girly wedding thoughts are trying to creep in and I can't stop them. I'm so close to going insane because I know it will never happenand I'm at a loss. Any tips to control the girly thoughts of happily ever after?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
mommashiv2012
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:16 PM
I actually decided I'd go event and party planner, I'm Already working on my portfolio and getting my name out there. Lol :)

Quoting hplesha:

Become a wedding planner! That way, you can still plan a wedding, just it isn't good

yours... yet

mommashiv2012
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I want it done at my house, we have plenty of room for a small event followed by the reception. Plus I want our princess as flower girl. Lol

Quoting Fields456:

My first one was at the JP but after hours and our family was there. This marriage was done by a JP. But at my mother in laws house

Quoting mommashiv2012:

My first marriage was done by the j.o.p. I hated it so much because my family wasn't there. So if I ever get married again I want a little ceremony done so that I can have the handfasting done.

Quoting Fields456:

Nope lol I had a bad first marriage and said the same thing to myself. I am now happily married going on 4 years. We didn't have a big Girly wedding. For several reasons but we will have a big Girly vow renewal at 5 years in 2014. Don't stop yourself from happiness because of a failed past relationship

Fields456
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Do it! Good luck

Quoting mommashiv2012:

I want it done at my house, we have plenty of room for a small event followed by the reception. Plus I want our princess as flower girl. Lol

Quoting Fields456:

My first one was at the JP but after hours and our family was there. This marriage was done by a JP. But at my mother in laws house

Quoting mommashiv2012:

My first marriage was done by the j.o.p. I hated it so much because my family wasn't there. So if I ever get married again I want a little ceremony done so that I can have the handfasting done.

Quoting Fields456:

Nope lol I had a bad first marriage and said the same thing to myself. I am now happily married going on 4 years. We didn't have a big Girly wedding. For several reasons but we will have a big Girly vow renewal at 5 years in 2014. Don't stop yourself from happiness because of a failed past relationship

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazyLife1996
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I have only been married this one time and very happily.

My husband and I had decided in the beginning that we would never ever get married. We both grew up watching happy relationships end shortly after marriage. His mother has been married more than Erica Kane.

We even had our first two children before we got married and were pregnant with our third when we said I do.

The thought of wedding crossed my mind several times throughout the years. Just one day my husband told me on the phone 2000 miles away that he knew we would be together forever. Will you be my wife?

That was 7yrs after we got together and married 2yrs later.

All I am trying to say is just because you have seen failure doesn't mean you will fail again.

Whether or not the two of you decide to say your vows doesn't mean it won't work.

Quoting mommyspalace:

My bf and I have been together almost 4 years, we started dating because we both agreed neither of us wanted to get married, my reason was bad first marriage. I'm in the same boat as u though. I talked to him that for some reason the marriage "never again" cards needed to come off the table, he stands by his decision so here I am playing house :-/ good luck hon xo

mommashiv2012
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Just have to say that I love the Erica Kane comment. Only soap I ever watched.

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

My husband and I had decided in the beginning that we would never ever get married. We both grew up watching happy relationships end shortly after marriage. His mother has been married more than Erica Kane.

We even had our first two children before we got married and were pregnant with our third when we said I do.

The thought of wedding crossed my mind several times throughout the years. Just one day my husband told me on the phone 2000 miles away that he knew we would be together forever. Will you be my wife?

All I am trying to say is just because you have seen failure doesn't mean you will fail again.

Whether or not the two of you decide to say your vows doesn't mean it won't work.

Quoting mommyspalace:

My bf and I have been together almost 4 years, we started dating because we both agreed neither of us wanted to get married, my reason was bad first marriage. I'm in the same boat as u though. I talked to him that for some reason the marriage "never again" cards needed to come off the table, he stands by his decision so here I am playing house :-/ good luck hon xo

CrazyLife1996
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:43 PM
My MIL is a whore. She couldn't keep her legs closed if they were super glued shut.

Quoting mommashiv2012:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Quoting mommyspalace:

mommashiv2012
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Wow, female version of my dad before he met his newest gf.

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

My MIL is a whore. She couldn't keep her legs closed if they were super glued shut.

Quoting mommashiv2012:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Quoting mommyspalace:

CrazyLife1996
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:53 PM
My husband can remember even when he was 11 his mom bringing home a different guy every single night from the bar some nights more.

He got really tired of hearing the bed creak that he loosened the bolts. Bed started moving and crash. It was the highlight of his year.

Quoting mommashiv2012:

Wow, female version of my dad before he met his newest gf.

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Quoting mommashiv2012:

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Quoting mommyspalace:

MJP76
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I think what you need to control the thought of it never happening.

my first husband changed drastically after marriage. I was so afraid it was going to happen again. What I had to learn was they number 1 and number 2 were NOT nor anywhere near the same person. When I could get over that fear we married. We've been together for 17 years. Don't get me wrong it took time, I had A LOT of healing to do, but we've been married now for 8 years. We would have actually done it early but the financial aspect hindered that. If we wouldn't have had the financial restraints that we had, we would have married after year 5 of being together.

mommashiv2012
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:55 PM
So for Valentines Day I've decided to make a 3 part present. Breakfast in bed, sex-of course, and a formal letter on nice cardstock that I pour out my heart and tell him everything that I've been thinking and feeling. Maybe he'll get the hint. If not, then I may very well just ask him after he gets home from making thousands of heart shaped pizzas.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)