Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
After my first marriage I promised myself I'd never do it again. I've been with my bf, who I have my little girl with, for 3 years and those girly wedding thoughts are trying to creep in and I can't stop them. I'm so close to going insane because I know it will never happenand I'm at a loss. Any tips to control the girly thoughts of happily ever after?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Replies (31-34):
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Well, I googled "commitment ceremony" and there's quite a bit. A lot of times it's used for gay couples who can't marry by law, but it's also used by couples who are in your position, and people who want to avoid the legal entanglements, which I can understand. I have a friend who has lived with the same man for 25 years and had 3 kids, they finally married after 10 years or so, mostly so she could be on his insurance, which is something to think about. Anyway, here's a link southernmostweddingsofthekeys.com/beautiful-words/  sorry, that didn't work, I am computer challenged!! Google it! :)

2lilmamas
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Why do you there no chance of marriage? Is because he does want to marry you?
raegan1221
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:07 PM
My first marriage was awful, but I can't wait to marry my bf. Ya never know...bc men are not all the same and neither is every marriage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommashiv2012
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:07 PM
He doesn't believe paper needs to be involved or that the government needs to be involved in love.

Quoting 2lilmamas:

Why do you there no chance of marriage? Is because he does want to marry you?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN