Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Friends before dating

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:36 PM
  • 32 Replies
My DH started as friends before we started dating. It took about 4 months as friends before the dating began.
Did your relationship begin with a just friends status?
How long did it last?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous2u
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Yes. 2 mths. Then it took 10 mths before we moved in together and about 18mths after that I was pregnant!
AleaKat
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Yes and no
I was dating someone when we met but the relationship has been at a stand still for a long time.
He waited patiently for my current relationship to run its course and pounced once it was officially over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raisingmen
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Yea we were friends for month or two before we dated. It was 1yr from our first date to our wedding. Wehave been together 12yrs.
GELiz
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:47 PM

OH yeah- we were friends for about a year  before the dating. I checked out his family first.

emarin77
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Yeah, we were a couple 6 months after we met.  He found me on loveaccess.com.  We moved in together 6 months later. Then married a year and a half later.

Bmomof5
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I was friends with my husband's parents before he and I became friends and his parents weren't even the ones that had introduced us.

We both had been previously married to other people that were unfaithful to us.

We met at church through a youth group that our children were in and hit it off because we were both going through our divorces and talked a lot about how similar our exes were and we ended up realizing that we had a lot of other things common.

Our friendship blossomed for a few years and then finally one day I told him that I was attracted to him.

That took a lot of courage because I valued his friendship and I knew that he had been so destroyed over the betrayal of his ex-wife and I had also been destroyed by my ex husbands betrayal and I really wanted him to find happiness in another relationship, even if it wasn't with me.

I never wanted to be without his amazing friendship. Well I got lucky because once I had told him how I felt he let me know that he had fallen head over heels in love with me but was scared to let it be known.

It took us four years of careful dating and blending his two kids and my three kids before he finally proposed to me on my birthday.

We've been married for 7 months now and both of us have never been happier.

CrazyLife1996
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:50 PM
No we had that instant chemistry. 18 yrs later he is my best friend.
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Well sort of, we met on an online dating site but both were letting everyone we dated on there know we werent looking for serious or exclusive relationships only casual.

Todd and I talked a LOT online almost daily for 3 mos and then started talking on the phone and then decided to go on a date but that first date changed everything, we were shocked and kind of even scared how strongly we felt about eachother that first date so strongly and so fast and we've been inseparable ever since.

We didnt believe in soulmates until we met but now we do and to this day we are still BFFS.

YVONNE

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM

We talked for a few weeks before we officially became a couple

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:31 AM

We were not friends before we started to date.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)