Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your dh/so make you feel....

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:26 PM
  • 37 Replies
guilty. What I mean is, we have 1 boy & 2 girls and sometimes our son gets left out and plays by hisself. I don't see that as a big deal but I can understand that but he does play with his sisters. My dh keeps going on about how we need another boy. We're not financially stable at the moment and we haven't had a child in 3 years. I don't want to get pregnant and disapoint him you know.
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicole2884
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope dh is logical an definitely financially oriented
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kblossom20
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Smh your husband sounds very immature.
sandra1023
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:39 PM

What if you had another girl?  There's no guarantee he will get the other boy he wants.

thinkpinkBrandy
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Theres no guarantee it would be a boy, and if your not financially ready it would be really unfair to the other kids because it would take away from them.
hypnautica
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:45 PM
The only guarantee to have a boy would to do In-vitro and do gender selection which is very expensive. So if that isn't done then there is always the chance of 3 girls and 1 boy. If you aren't ready for another child then tell your dh to lay off with the comments because you aren't ready.
sumannie
by Samantha on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Well don't get him wrong its something he wants I mean its not like hes trying to make me or anything its just he feels like our son is left out and needs a brother or another boy to play with. We don't know anyone who has a kid his age so thats out of the question. I tell him that we can't guarantee another boy and he agrees. Like I said, hes not forcing the issue and he understands that.
raisingmen
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I had two brothers growing up and i did feel left out sometimes. With that being said I am very comfortable around guys ( as preteen when other girls were awkward i wasn't as much) I learned to entertain myself and compromise. Your son will learn valuable lesson from his sisters and DH should play guy dates for him.

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Even if you get pregnant again. You might have another girl and not a boy

gonecrazi
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Why do you feel guilty? He is the one that determines the sex of the baby. Why would he want another baby if your not stable right now?

momamanda
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I have 2 girls and a 1 boy too,He is in the middle. He does sometimes feel left out I think but the older he gets the more he knows that he doesn't want to do "girl stuff" anyway. He used to always ask for a brother. HAHA. How old is he? If he is over 6 maybe you can get him involved in Boyscouts. It's a great place to be with boys or maybe a sport like soccer or teeball. and also some one on one time with daddy is always a great benefit to being the only boy! hth

Quoting sumannie:

Well don't get him wrong its something he wants I mean its not like hes trying to make me or anything its just he feels like our son is left out and needs a brother or another boy to play with. We don't know anyone who has a kid his age so thats out of the question. I tell him that we can't guarantee another boy and he agrees. Like I said, hes not forcing the issue and he understands that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)