Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your SO/Hubby your soul mate?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:54 AM
  • 79 Replies

Before I met my DF I was all about searching for my soul mate. I mean, a soul mate is the one perfectly created for you, right? Since I found DF I have never once called him my soul mate. It doesnt feel right to me. I believe he is THE ONE. I believe he was perfectly created for me. But soul mate..... it just seems so..... over used now. Maybe its because I have watched his 2 best friends relationship. The wife says they are soul mates, and the husband constantly talks about leaving her and how he doesnt think hes in love with her. I cant see myself living without DF. I am madly in love with him, and I know he is madly in love with me. He makes mistakes, that make me question it, but I am sure I have done the same to him. We are human, when we are hurt, or cry, we question. But he always reminds me how much he loves me. And I hope, my reminders reach out to him as well.

But soul mate, Im not sure I can use those words to describe him. He fits perfectly into me. He makes me complete, no wholes are found. He is my best friend and my lover. I dont believe there is anyone else out there that can complete me the way he does. I dont wonder if I am making the wrong choice. I know he is THE ONE. 

Do you call your SO/hubby your soul mate?

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NESmith63
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Not sure I believe in soul mates.....I don't think there is only ONE right person out there for everybody. What if your husband or wife passes away? Then if you meet and fall in love with someone else then does that mean you shouldn't have been with your first husband/wife....or that your second love isn't as good or real?

Life is messy....it changes daily and nobody knows exactly what will happen the next day. Like with your friend.....she THINKS he is her soul mate but from how it sounds....she can do better. I think "soul mates" is all just an opinion based on how you feel at that current point in time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BelindaDuvessa
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this

No, I don't.  If we had been "soul mates" in the traditional sense of the meaning, we would've known in Junior High when we first met.  We did click when we were reintroduced a year or 2 after graduation.  We've been together 8, almost 9 years now.

thinkpinkBrandy
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this
No because I dont necessarily believe in soul mates. I dont think there is a specific person out there that is made for you. I admit that I am madly in love with my hubby and couldnt imagine life without him now that I have him but the chances are astronomical that you will just happen to find the one made for you. Unless your the type to believe in fate, which I dont. I like to think we all weave our own destiny. ;)
1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, he is. I knew it not long after we met, 23 years ago. We complete each other.

jesuschild06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:10 AM

That is a very good point. 

Quoting NESmith63:

Not sure I believe in soul mates.....I don't think there is only ONE right person out there for everybody. What if your husband or wife passes away? Then if you meet and fall in love with someone else then does that mean you shouldn't have been with your first husband/wife....or that your second love isn't as good or real?

Life is messy....it changes daily and nobody knows exactly what will happen the next day. Like with your friend.....she THINKS he is her soul mate but from how it sounds....she can do better. I think "soul mates" is all just an opinion based on how you feel at that current point in time.

Amybelle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Of Course!! I KNEW it the moment I first laid eyes on him over 30 yrs ago..Married 28, 5 beautiful children...........Happily-Ever-After to the infinite power

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this
No i dont believe in soulmates.
KaylasMama11
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:56 AM

doubt it

findingserenity
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:45 AM
I used to.. But now i even doubt if true love exist..or what i thought is true love
jesuschild06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:17 AM

:/ Im sorry to hear that.

Quoting findingserenity:

I used to.. But now i even doubt if true love exist..or what i thought is true love

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)