Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

how much do you have in common with your DH?

Posted by   + Show Post
My DH and I are just like water & fire nothing in common. Maybe that's why our marriage works who knows. While he is the loud funny one i'm the quiet one. He loves sweets while I can't stand sweets. He would rather be out doing something while I'm satisfied in reading a good book.
they say opposites attract I think in my case is true.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:24 PM

My SO and I have alot in common however he is more of a risk taker, bad boy while Im the girl next door - we mix well.....

bugsmama149
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I read only non-fiction. He reads fiction and comic books.

I hate football, he loves it.

I smoke, he doesn't.

I love cars, he couldn't care less about them.

I love chocoate, he prefers skittles

I tend to be the stressed out pessimist, he's laid back and very optimistic.

But..........we both share the same goofy, sick, sarcastic sense of humor. We make each other laugh every day. We make fun of each other and it's ok. I fart on him when we're snuggling and it's funny.  I think couples can have many differences and still make it work. Sense of humor for me is huge though, he's gotta have that!

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:45 PM

We do have a lot in common, but there are some things we are opposites on and even in those things it turns out to be to a benefit bc we balance one another out.

YVONNE

MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Ill be honest we dont have a crap ton in common BUT we over the years have learned to enjoy each others likes and what not. We love each other so we make what we have work lol :O) Wouldnt have it any other way he keeps me grounded and I give him the extra dose of wild energy he needs :O)  perfect balance for us.

Mudfishzgirl
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:02 PM
We are just like you guys but we like most of the same music and tv shows.
AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:30 PM
We have quite a bit in common.
nicole2884
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:59 PM
We like alot of the same stuff but not all
Dimples303
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:04 PM

My husband and I have a lot of things in common... We both like a lot of the same shows. We both love talk radio. We listen to the same music. We both love the outdoors. We love gaming. We love all kinds of food. ... Lol it's a little freaky how much we have in common but I wouldn't have it any other way. That's why I love him so much. <3 

Amber1208
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this
We are a lot alike. Both keep to ourselves. I speak my mind a lot more, he is a poor communicator. However we love movies, video games, reading, the same music and lots of other things pretty similar. We can entertain each other. We are more than husband/wife. We are each others best friend.

My cousin who is a good friend of mine and her SO have absolutely nothing in common. She hates movies and most shows and hated that he started working out and gets so annoyed at his video games or when he doodles, hes great at drawing. She really has no hobbies and he has a ton. I don't understand how people can live with one another but not agree on basic life things.
Noahs-Mom
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I have nothing in common with my DH. Other then we where born the same year and month. 

He is Christian I am Pagan

He is a Republican I'm a tree hugging Liberal 

He likes war movies I dont.   I like crime show CSI stuff he doesn't.

I love Mexican food he tolorates it....

Really I could go on forever, 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)