Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

how much do you have in common with your DH?

Posted by   + Show Post
My DH and I are just like water & fire nothing in common. Maybe that's why our marriage works who knows. While he is the loud funny one i'm the quiet one. He loves sweets while I can't stand sweets. He would rather be out doing something while I'm satisfied in reading a good book.
they say opposites attract I think in my case is true.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Replies (21-30):
oct1710
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:18 AM

we have somethings in common but alot of the time we disagree on everything lol

Cmvaflor
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:24 AM
In some aspect we are complete opposites and in others we are exactly alike.

He does everything last minute while I have to plan every aspect of my life out. He rarely eats dessert while I have it after every meal and snack. He's a big sports fan while I could care less.

But we do believe in keeping traditions. Our religious values are the same. We love all the same shows and movies. And we believe in raising our daughter with the same beliefs and values.

I guess you could say we differ in the small stuff and believe in the same major things.
evangcathy
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:27 AM

There are somethings we have in common like movies(horrors,actions,dramas). There are things we don't have in common like sports( he likes the Jets and I like the Giants), he like reality shows, I like crime shows.( He do like certain crime shows like all the CSI's and Criminal Minds) go figure lol. We both like to do things in and out of the house.

SparklingHope
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:44 AM

We're pretty opposite of each other, but we learn to find compromises in with each other. Like DH likes going  fishing,..I like being outside, but not a fan of hours on end fishing..so I'll bring a book or something and just be outside with him. 

Retrokitty
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:13 AM
We share enough of our beliefs, values and interests to keep an amazing relationship, we are different enough to make it interesting. I would say we have 88% of things in common. Personally I would do best with around 96% but that's okay I love him :) I could never date nor parent with someone totally opposite of me.
ilana_ny
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:20 AM

The only common thing I and my DH have - our kids. :-)))

CV3
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:26 AM
We dont have alot in common although it seems like we are becoming more alike as time goes on.
Due9
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:29 AM

We are not alike at all. But for some reason, we are extremely attracted to one another and are like two peas in a pod. I could never be without him.

mrspena
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:48 AM
My husband has more stuff in common with my dad than me. But we like alot of the same types of movies, and tv shows. We have the same sens of humor. We have the same decor style. We love to travel. We both can be very stubborn. Things we dont have in common...he can be very serious at times where I qm more playful. He is stuck in the 80s as far as music , I like more now music. He says he is athiest I am Catholic. He could play on he computer all day,listen to music and drink beer and Id rather clean, read a book or hang out with my son.
But through all that he is my best friend and I couldnt imagine sharing my life with anyone else.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:14 AM

We have a lot in common.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN