Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much do you have in common with your DH?

Posted by   + Show Post
My DH and I are just like water & fire nothing in common. Maybe that's why our marriage works who knows. While he is the loud funny one i'm the quiet one. He loves sweets while I can't stand sweets. He would rather be out doing something while I'm satisfied in reading a good book.
they say opposites attract I think in my case is true.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Replies (31-40):
bi-polarmommy
by New Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:24 AM

dh and i have alot in common, we even say the same things to the same situation, even if the other is not there, our answers are usually almost word for word the exact same thing

but we also have alot of digfferences, too

xmkj2011
New hairstyle for Easter. First time having a mowhawk! What do you think??
Yesterday at 1:05 AM
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Im not married, but me and my boyfriend have been together for 3 years (4 in september) but we have ALOT in common but we do have our differences, and thats great because we can learn what each other likes and keep things fun and exciting!! Its awesome being with him!!!!

NewMamaBoo
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Yes

LisaSmock
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:40 AM
We like the same books and a lot if the same movies. I hate his music . I like going out he's happy at home so about 50/50
wickedfiress
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:04 AM

Yes. Many things. Mainly we're both homebodies, so we like to a lot of the same stuff. Even if we're just snuggled on the couch sharing a blanket reading, me on my Kindle, him on his Nook... :)

TXbornmama
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:06 AM

Personality wise my DH and I are opposites but we have a lot of the same interests 

merryvoice
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:11 AM

I think it's true in our case, too! My mom actually made me aware of just how much we DON'T have in common. I never thought about it because of our love for each other. He's a very, very smart man who works with computers and like your husband, he's very outgoing. I am slightly outgoing, but more on the shy, quiet side. I'm also not nearly as smart as he is. 

He likes really boring movies, we hardly have any music in common and the books he reads are nothing like mine. When it comes to hobbies and outdoor things like museums or tourist attractions, he's just not into them. He just tolerates what I do and goes with it. We really don't have much in common at all, but it works very well for us. 

GwenGray
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:13 AM
1 mom liked this

So you have two husbands? (Not being all judgy and what not, just making sure I understand this)

Quoting Anryan:

David and I don't have alot in common but can talk about anything for hours lol

Irish and I have some things in common but not a ton and again can talk for hours.

Irish and David however have tons in common and are always doing stuff/chatting about stuff lol

I'm a belly dancing and sword fighting mama of 2. I'm married to my high school sweet heart. I plan on enlisting to the army very soon, and having more kids :)

xomrs.chase
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:15 AM
We have some things in common, but enough differences to challenge each other.
BelindaDuvessa
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:22 AM

We have enough similarities to hold and conversation and not annoy one another.  But we also have enough differences to keep everything interesting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)