Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

how much do you have in common with your DH?

Posted by   + Show Post
My DH and I are just like water & fire nothing in common. Maybe that's why our marriage works who knows. While he is the loud funny one i'm the quiet one. He loves sweets while I can't stand sweets. He would rather be out doing something while I'm satisfied in reading a good book.
they say opposites attract I think in my case is true.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Replies (41-50):
GwenGray
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:22 AM

Well we've known each other for 11-12 years. Been together for over half of it. So I can honestly say that we have a LOT in common. We are both artists, we cosplay (yes we are nerds) We both love the Renaissance era. (we both worked at the Ren fests too) We both love games (most of the same ones, but he's much better at them) I LOVE to read though, where he has to be really really inticed to read something and it has to be about something he LOVES. Even then it's hard to get him to read. We like the same kind of shows.. for hte most part. He's more into cartoons where I can oonly watch so much of it in one sitting. But we always have a lot to talk about. We get along 99% of the time, and when we don't (which is rare) we generally talk it out.  

Sunshine257
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:55 AM

My husband and I are pretty opposite. I am negative always worrying. He is positive and very laid back. I am a christian and like soft music. He is a drummer for a thrash metal band and loves music I can't stand. He is a home body and I am the type of person I have to get out or I go stir crazy! We agree for the most part on raising our son. Our marriage expectations are the same. We are in a good period right now. We rarely argue. When we do we are both to stubborn to give in.I think we balance each-other out. He brings me up when I am down and I keep him earth bound lol.

pristine729
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:03 AM
1 mom liked this
He's loud, I'm quiet. We like different music, different good. He drinks some beers, I don't.

We both have the same morals. No cheating or flirting, help each other, put each other first. We're both home bodies.
LilliesValley
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:06 AM
We have more personal traits in common but have a lot that's not. It's a good balance for us because our values and core beliefs are the same. But we have a lot that's different we are eleventh years apart so there are definate differences.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:07 AM

DH and I have a lot in common and enjoy a lot of the same things. Of course we have our own interests but most of the time we can find something to agree on.

bigmessylife
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:09 AM
We love our kids, gardening, and remodeling our house......everything else is opposite.
wingmom
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:21 AM

We actually have little in common. We feel differently about just about everything except our son, which I guess is how we still make it work.

AmyR13
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:55 AM

not much lol were like ying and yang..but thats why were perfect for each other we balance out perfect 

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:05 AM
We have more inn common than is outwardly obvious, but there are a lot of differences too
Bethsunshine
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Our personalities are completely opposite. He is laid back and I'm really high strung. We are both homebodies though and would rather spend time with each other and the kids than with other people. We also share the same moral and religious beliefs.

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

Does your child have a learning disorder? Come join us!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118063/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)