Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Going away for our anniversary, need some ideas.

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:28 AM
  • 5 Replies
My husband and I are approaching our 6th anniversary in April. We are VERY fortunate to live on the island of Oahu and have awesome friends that are going to babysit our kids for a weekend so we can have a mini-getaway. This will be the first anniversary we've been able to spend together in 3 years. My husband is in the Army, so we don't get to spend a lot of holidays and special occasions as a family.
I'm going to book our hotel this week, I've got it narrowed down to 3 that I need to choose from.
What I need ideas on are just some simple, sweet, romantic gestures I can do for him over that weekend. We will be spending 2 nights in the hotel, but we also want to explore a few spots on the island we haven't yet been to. We've been in kind of a rough patch lately, so this anniversary weekend trip is really important to us not only because its the first time in 3 years we get to celebrate together, but because we're trying to rekindle our relationship and find that spark we used to have.
So any ideas you ladies have would be fantastic :) Thanks in advance!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TXbornmama
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:17 AM

Give him a message just simple and sweet and I would say make him something for dinner that is his favorite that maybe you guys don't eat often.

AlannaMaria
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:03 PM
I would get some candles, something sexy to wear, get some toys, massage oils, lubes.. Take a bubble bath together. Get some champagne or wine and have a few drinks! Have fun :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nelsjb
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Treat it like it's your honeymoon, wear something sexy that he loves seeing you in, have a nice candle light dinner, dance for him while playing both your favourite music, Talk and tell him exactly how you feel and you missed the way things were and you want to get back there and beyond. be brave and bold and claim what yours, Have fun and enjoy each other.

PSar101
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:55 AM
Congrats on six years, but more importantly wanting to work on the marriage so you can make it to seven years and beyond. Use this weekend to enjoy one another. Let the hotel you are staying at know it is your anniversary & find out if they offer special packages for this type of occasion. If they do, maybe a couples massage or a nice romantic dinner. Try to reconnect & work through the rough patch. Congrats again!
i.heart.myboys
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:37 AM
I love this idea

Quoting TXbornmama:

Give him a message just simple and sweet and I would say make him something for dinner that is his favorite that maybe you guys don't eat often.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)