Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Rushed Marriage?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:37 PM
  • 56 Replies

Anyone else sort of rush into marriage? Me and DH dated for about 6 months, I found out I was pregnant (we were both in the military) and we decided we shold get married right after I found out.  We have now been married for almost 6 years and are doing great.  We have had one major disagreement that we didnt have the chance to talk about before we got married and that was how many kids we wanted.  I have wanted one more for awhile, and he is happy with just the three of us.   Anyone else had a rushed marriage, and if so, did it cause any sort of disagreements later on down the road? Are you still happily married?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie944
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:40 PM

BUMP!

baby7810
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:42 PM

sorry no rushed marriage here. although some relatives thought so. 9m dating, 9m engaged, 6m in found out preggo. so heres a bump :)

Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I had a rushed engagement. We were together for four years when he asked me but it only took us a week to actually get married. Does that count?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:45 PM

no sorry. My husband and I were dating for almost 4 years by the time we got married.

ericaaf
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:51 PM

i had a rushed marriage....6 months into our relationship i found out i was pregnant and 9 months into our relationship we were married....yes it was a shot gun wedding....but it almost been 7 yrs since we have been married... we recently had a mini arugement about when i was going to have another baby...i want to wait til im 30 and he doesnt want to have any when he's 30.... we are both 27....

jojo_382
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:57 PM
I got married at 17 I've only been with him a year before that I would say we did rush into marriage there's only 1 problem that we have but that is being work on and it taken a long time to get it fixs an figuring it out but we are getting better with it an we are going on 10 years of marriage
aimesnyc
by Amy on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Not me.  We got engaged two years after we met and after a year of living together.  Got married 9 months after we got engaged.  That was a bit rushed/last minute because of legal issues (had a quick courthouse wedding and then an actual ceremony 11 months later).  I didn't take out my birth control until after we were legally married, and after we had talked about kids, life goals, etc.

However, my brother and his wife are similar to you.  They were both military and had been dating a while.  She got pregnant and they secretly got married.  12 years later they have had some Major Issues.  He got her pregnant twice after their first when she had explicitly said she wasn't ready for more (they were doing pull out method and he didn't pull out), and she has cheated on him with both sexes.  They are still together, but she travels a lot for work and their relationship is still very strained.

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

DH and I dated for 7 months before we got married. We got engaged and found out we were pregnant. We were already planning our wedding when we found out but just moved up the date.

CjEmmemommy
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes! Lol we married 5 weeks after we met and in high school.

We have had plenty of "issues" but shockingly enough nothing major. That was lucky!

krodden87
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:02 PM
2 moms liked this
I met my husband in january and were married that april 1st. We werent expecting or anything but knew we were going to get married so why wait. We will be married 5 years this april :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)