Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Anyone else sort of rush into marriage? Me and DH dated for about 6 months, I found out I was pregnant (we were both in the military) and we decided we shold get married right after I found out.  We have now been married for almost 6 years and are doing great.  We have had one major disagreement that we didnt have the chance to talk about before we got married and that was how many kids we wanted.  I have wanted one more for awhile, and he is happy with just the three of us.   Anyone else had a rushed marriage, and if so, did it cause any sort of disagreements later on down the road? Are you still happily married?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
unsuspected
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not sure of the time frame. But we found out we were pregnant after about 6 months of dating. He proposed but we didn't actually get married until about a week after our son was born.

We too had the disagreement over how many kids we wanted. We married young. And I grew up much faster. About 5 years in we were on the edge of divorce. Because we each had completly different expectations out of our marriage. Things we never took the time to sort out. Among other things, but simplisticly ...

Thankfully and with a lot of work we were able to rebuild. We just celebrated 10 years in December.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomRocs1102
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

we werent dating 2months when we married, we knew each other from high school.  Once we did start dating we were seeing each other almost daily and we just knew we wanted to be together.  We have had 1 big argument where we both got super upset, but it was worked out and a little over 3 yrs still happy.

HKing01
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this
We got married 3 months after we started dating. I was friends with him for a few years first. We were both joining the military at the time, which didn't work out. Next month we celebrate 9 years.
xoxRachelxox
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:38 PM

We were both very open with each other about what we wanted before we even got engaged. It's one of the reasons we decided we wanted to get married. I mean, besides the whole being in love thing. lol.

rockabillybetty
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM
I almost did almost 8 years ago glad glad glad we didn't !!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meg10
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I got married to my ex after 4 months (very stupid).

DH's ex got married to a guy after dating about 2 months (3 weeks after her & DH's divorce was final). She readily admits to SKs that the only reason they got married is because she got pregnant. They have been married about a yr and half & already he has cheated on her, she's probably cheated on him & they have almost gotten divorced twice.

CountryMom357
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Dated six months before we got married. Found out I was pregnant and his family was coming down that summer. So we did the court thing when they were here since they only come visit once a year. My DH doesn't have any family here and I wanted to make sure his family could be apart of it. We've been married for six an a half years now. We have our problems but we are still going strong.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:05 PM

We were married exactly 5 months after meeting each other. There was no pregnancy either.

I can honestly say I didn't know who my DH was. I had no idea he was bipolar. Course he didn't either. ;)

We aer happily married but it's taken a hell of a lot of work.

nanasue31204
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Dh and I dated almost 6 years before getting married so I don't feel like we rushed. However if you ask his family we did because we met at 16/17, neither of us had ever dated before, no other boyfriends/girlfriends, never kissed anyone else, it was literally love at first sight. His family, mainly his sister and brother, wanted him to date other people, sleep with others and party a lot before he settled down. My dh has never believed in that lifestyle, he believed in dating to find your life partner not how many notches you can get in your belt. We clicked immediately, we both knew from our first date we would be married and make our lives together, there was no reason to look further or play the field. We started living together as soon as I turned 18 and waited until 23 to get the piece of paper telling us what we already knew, that we were married. Been married 9 years as of next month, together 15, we have 4 wonderful kids and are more in love than ever. His family still occasionally tries to turn him against me, saying he could cheat and I'd never know, he laughs at them and comes home to me and tells me all about it. When you know you know whether its 2 days or 2 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:10 PM
We got engaged a month after getting back together and married a year later.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)