Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Anyone else sort of rush into marriage? Me and DH dated for about 6 months, I found out I was pregnant (we were both in the military) and we decided we shold get married right after I found out.  We have now been married for almost 6 years and are doing great.  We have had one major disagreement that we didnt have the chance to talk about before we got married and that was how many kids we wanted.  I have wanted one more for awhile, and he is happy with just the three of us.   Anyone else had a rushed marriage, and if so, did it cause any sort of disagreements later on down the road? Are you still happily married?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Replies (21-30):
beeky
by Alexandra on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:12 PM

My parents were engaged within 2 weeks of meeting and married within 6 months.  They were happily married until my father passed away 5 days before their 49th anniversary.

Armywifeholcomb
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Lol
End of Oct we ran into each other at the club.(met before- I was custodian at the armory)
By Thanksgiving he was in another state before leaving for Afghanistan
We talked/texted everyday. Barely saw each other.
Dec just before Christmas we spent 48+ hrs together straight, he ended up coming to a movie and Christmas with some of my Family. We met each others kids but just as friends at the time.
He left after NYears for Afghanistan
Feb I found out I was Prego
I moved into his house, helped furnish and build it up. Skype and care packages.
Spent 2 weeks in July together all of us, his kids and mine with us.
Two years after he came home, we got engaged, a week later married.
I love him more and more every day.
It wasn't exactly how either of us would have liked but we are happy and love our family.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Dh and I were engaged for years, and had known each other for awhile but actually getting married was rushed. It was like one day we were saying maybe next year, and the next we were like, so next month? It's a long story, it wasn't ideal but it was what I wanted. Six years later it's not perfect but I can't see myself anywhere else but here with him

catrig
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:35 PM
considering we got married on our five year anniversary.......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IamMex11
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:41 PM

BUMP!

Alwayscheerful
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Me and dh dated for four months,I found out I was preggo,so we decided to tie the knots. His selfish, drinking,smoking pot and womanizing habits started to unfold. We have been together for eight years. He is a happy man but I'm not, for a year now.
MamaSarah1104
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Met in December married in September. Been married 3 years, nothing major yet
CowgirlMama0508
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:43 PM
ME! Met 12/12/04. Got married 4/5/05 found out I was pregnant 4/12/05. Been married almost 8 years (in april) have 3 kids and doing beyond great :) only 1 major argument our 1st year of marriage but it was settled in a week :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:36 PM

well, we met in October 2000, engaged February 2001 and married January 2002. We just celebrated 11 years! :)

It did cause some problems the first few years just because we are very different and our parents and how we were raised were very different. Once we figured that out and worked it out we are fine now. We had different expectations. There was othing really MAJOR. 

But now 11 years later we are great! And he is very close to--and relates better to--my family than his. We still have our differences but mostly its just minor annoyences. There has never been anything major. 

gonecrazi
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Yep, we dated for 5 months and are still going strong 12 years later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN