Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else sort of rush into marriage? Me and DH dated for about 6 months, I found out I was pregnant (we were both in the military) and we decided we shold get married right after I found out.  We have now been married for almost 6 years and are doing great.  We have had one major disagreement that we didnt have the chance to talk about before we got married and that was how many kids we wanted.  I have wanted one more for awhile, and he is happy with just the three of us.   Anyone else had a rushed marriage, and if so, did it cause any sort of disagreements later on down the road? Are you still happily married?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Replies (31-40):
cntrdmom
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Um, we knew each other 3 moths before ergot married. I guess that counts? Haha. We were army at the time. On road duty together actually. Got married, and 5 weeks later found out I was 5 weeks pregnant. Now it's been 7 hard but happy years, 3 kids, and lots of challenges later. But we've always been able to work everythig out and stuck together through every thig life threw at us. And life threw a lot!! I love that man tho and we're determined to get thru it all together. It helps that we're still madly in love. He just got a job in the road and I miss him like crazy! But he needs this and I'll see him soon. In no time he'll be able to stay home again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jmlmomma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:46 PM

we got married after dating 5 months...because my husband was being transfered to a new area... anyway that was 27 years ago this march! We are fine. We only had one child but that was due to me not being able to have more.

Talk to him about it and see where it goes.

LaughingTattoo
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:47 PM

We only dated for 4 months before we married lol

lil_mama06
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:48 PM

People thought we rushed into our marriage...We wanted to be married July 4,1991 but at the time dh was 17..My fil wouldn't sign the papers since he did for bil and his wife (at the time). So he asked if I was pg, nope, he said to wait til dh turned 18, which was that Oct..Soooo dh turned 18 and we were married a week later...Then found out we were expecting..IF I would of known I was pg beforehand I would of waited and been 10 months preggo walking down the aisle...Everyone figured we wouldn't make it anyway...21 years later, they are still waiting..We are VERY HAPPY indeed...Ofcourse some troubles every once in a blue moon, but who doesn't have those..

DragonMother10
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:54 PM
We rushed much faster, in a lot of things. It's not paradise, but isn't hell either. Recently we hit a rough patch and I honestly thought it was over, but we love each other too much to end it. We both fight for our relationship. Like my husband's brother-in-law said "To have an imperfect relationship, is a perfect relationship." Which is true, no one is perfect and those who make it look perfect is fake.
DragonMother10
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:56 PM
10 months pregnant?

Quoting lil_mama06:

People thought we rushed into our marriage...We wanted to be married July 4,1991 but at the time dh was 17..My fil wouldn't sign the papers since he did for bil and his wife (at the time). So he asked if I was pg, nope, he said to wait til dh turned 18, which was that Oct..Soooo dh turned 18 and we were married a week later...Then found out we were expecting..IF I would of known I was pg beforehand I would of waited and been 10 months preggo walking down the aisle...Everyone figured we wouldn't make it anyway...21 years later, they are still waiting..We are VERY HAPPY indeed...Ofcourse some troubles every once in a blue moon, but who doesn't have those..

amberstars
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Eagle and I got married after two weeks of talking to each other online.  Couldn't be happier.

Dragon, wife to Eagle.  Sister-wife to Swan and Rainbow.  Author, astronomer, world traveler, gamer, & reader.  Muslim revert.  In an inter-racial and cross-cultural marriage.

mewebb82
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I rushed marriage with my ex husband. Obviously it didn't work out for us. My husband and I took our time. We were dating for over 4 years before we got married.

mrswynn88
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:05 PM
yep with my first marriage we were together for only 5 months when we got married and it was the worst decision i ever made he wasn't ready for marriage but at least now im married to a much better man
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:09 PM

We married 5 months after our first date/meeting and we will celebrate 7 yrs of marriage on the 27th and we are so very happy!We were on the same page with everything before we even got married so that helped a lot!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)