Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else sort of rush into marriage? Me and DH dated for about 6 months, I found out I was pregnant (we were both in the military) and we decided we shold get married right after I found out.  We have now been married for almost 6 years and are doing great.  We have had one major disagreement that we didnt have the chance to talk about before we got married and that was how many kids we wanted.  I have wanted one more for awhile, and he is happy with just the three of us.   Anyone else had a rushed marriage, and if so, did it cause any sort of disagreements later on down the road? Are you still happily married?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Replies (41-50):
brannew
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:10 PM

You will have problems no matter what. 

My uncle dated the same woman for 25 years.  They finally got married.  They got divorced 6 months later.  There you go. 

You two have a lifetime to sort things out if you stay together.  Good luck.

lil_mama06
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:16 AM

Yes ma'am...I went 39 weeks and 4 days with my eldest..I went 37 weeks with the second..Almost 42 weeks with my 3rd and 4th..And 38 weeks with my 5th and 6th.... 

Quoting DragonMother10:

10 months pregnant?

Quoting lil_mama06:

People thought we rushed into our marriage...We wanted to be married July 4,1991 but at the time dh was 17..My fil wouldn't sign the papers since he did for bil and his wife (at the time). So he asked if I was pg, nope, he said to wait til dh turned 18, which was that Oct..Soooo dh turned 18 and we were married a week later...Then found out we were expecting..IF I would of known I was pg beforehand I would of waited and been 10 months preggo walking down the aisle...Everyone figured we wouldn't make it anyway...21 years later, they are still waiting..We are VERY HAPPY indeed...Ofcourse some troubles every once in a blue moon, but who doesn't have those..

Army-Wife0128
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Met DH in January of last year, found out i was pregnant in April, moved in together in June and got married in September. We got married in the courthouse but doing our ceremony this July. A few days after we started dating we knew we were going to get married and so right for each other.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CutieCrab
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Ummmmm.... LONG STORY! lol. :P

Well my first marriage I got knocked up, was pushed into marrying him, so I did... BIG MISTAKE on my part! We are now HAPPILY not together. LOL. And I am engaged to get married in May, my fiance proposed after 4/5 months, I couldn't be happier. :D

frzmamaof4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Nope! We we've been together going on 13 years and married for 3 yrs on the 19th. He's my everything and my best friend!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikiH0302
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:22 AM

My husband and I definitley rushed into marriage.  We met September 14th 2011 we got engaged in December and were married on March 2nd.  So yeah we rushed but we are very very happy, it's almost at our 1 year anniversary but I truly believe in 10 or 20 years I'll still be saying that we're happy :)

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:01 PM

We didn't rush into marriage but we both knew VERY early on that we would get married some day and were living together less than an year after we started dating.

Mom2wife1
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:47 AM

My husband and I were in the Marines together. We met about 2 months before a deployment. We were deployed for a year and got married 2 days after we returned to the states. I didn't know we were getting married. He just started driving to Vegas. We were engaged for about 7 months ( he proposed while we were in Iraq ) I agreed because it seemed like a good idea. We have gone through a lot. I didn't know he was an alcoholic, and we fought about that for 3 years. He would drink everyday as soon as he got off work, be very abusive, and leave me to take care of both of our babies. We have 2 kids together and I had to do it by myself eachtime pretty much.

He has quit drinking about a year ago and things are really good finally. We are both out of the military, moved closer to our family's (45 mins from his, 6 hrs from mine)  Our girls are finally seeing mommy and daddy happy together. I wanted to leave him ALOT! I'm glad I stuck it out for our kids. I'm glad I was able to be strong for them. I went through pure hell for awhile with him and he knows he was completely wrong for treating me like shit back then. We have been married for 4 years now and he is really trying to make it up to me. I do have trouble with keeping those issue behind us sometimes. I just don't get how someone can treat the person they love so badly. I'm trying to forget it for the most part.

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:28 AM
Yes I married my first husband after six months. It turned for the worse-abuse etc. We are divorced.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:31 AM

No rush here. We were together for 18 month before getting engaged and at a little more than 2.5 years we tied the knot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)