Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Anyone else sort of rush into marriage? Me and DH dated for about 6 months, I found out I was pregnant (we were both in the military) and we decided we shold get married right after I found out.  We have now been married for almost 6 years and are doing great.  We have had one major disagreement that we didnt have the chance to talk about before we got married and that was how many kids we wanted.  I have wanted one more for awhile, and he is happy with just the three of us.   Anyone else had a rushed marriage, and if so, did it cause any sort of disagreements later on down the road? Are you still happily married?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Replies (51-56):
Newmom8912
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:47 AM
Um pregnant 90 day in our son was 8 months when we married
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michellej428
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:54 AM
Nope! We started dating young and while we both knew we wanted to spend forever with each other we felt no reason to rush into getting married. We dated for four years before getting engaged and then were engaged for another 4 1/2 years before getting married. I was 25, dh was 28 when we got married, I felt that was a good age and we were in a good place in our lives. Wouldn't have done it any other way! We've only grown closer and more in love over the years. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepymommy87
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:55 AM
We dated for a long time on and off long distance, and when we finally moved in together I got pregnant right away... We got married while I was pregnant and after a year of what I thought was happiness, we're getting separated. He feels trapped, that we rushed everything. It's heartbreaking, but I can't force him to feel the certain way. I'm optimistic it won't last long he already misses me now that i moved out with our daughter. Hopefully he realizes that just because things didn't go the way he always planned doesn't mean he can't have a happy life with us. :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:33 AM

My husband and I joke we do things backwards. We got married quickly. Had a baby soon after. Nearly divorced. Now we are a really strong couple in my opinion.The divorce was about him allowing someone else in our marriage that had no right to be there. Well technically two. He didn't believe me about the way his mother was treating me when we lived with her. He found out the hard way that I wasn't lying. She accidentally went off on me in front of everyone! She thought we were alone. The other was his ex girlfriend who got insanely jealous. I kept telling him that she was trying to break us up. At this point he thought I was paranoid because I kept telling him that these two women didn't want us together. It took her literally telling him a week after our oldest was born "I still love you what do you want to do about it." For him to see I wasn't crazy. After that everything did fall apart for a while and he left. Stupid guy thought I didn't love him. When I was finally coming to grips that he may never come back he decided to return. He was gone two months. I told him this is his only other chance and bull like before and I'm gone. The ex still pops her head up every once in a while. Like last year when I was giving birth to my youngest. My sil thought it was a wonderful idea to give her my husbands cell number. She tends to pop up around our anniversary and if I am giving birth.

2lilmamas
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Sorry no here's a bump.
xxBiteMExx
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:42 AM
I feel like I did. We got married after 2 years of being together. We've been together for 6 yrs now but we have been through so much that sometimes I wish I would have waited. But now we're doing soo much better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN