Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Help! How do you get your hubby to....

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 17 Replies

Our wedding is coming up this June. I'm currently deployed and have been working out everyday with my wedding dress and wedding photos on my mind as motivation. I only see my soon to be hubby on FaceTime a couple of times a week and I'm noticing (or I think I am noticing ) his face getting a little rounder and perhaps even some extra chin!!!! How do I ask him about it without hurting his feelings? Any ideas? He says that I really motivate him to workout and he can't wait until I get back to start again but that will only be one month before our wedding. I don't think he should wait until then to get off his butt. Please help. 

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frankiesma530
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I don't know.  BUMP

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:51 PM
I would just tell him how hard you're working out and trying to get in good shape before the wedding. That may motivate him. Or suggest a workout routine he should try. Good luck! Congrats :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nicole2884
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:02 PM

i wouldn't

but i agree if anything talk about your goals an how hard your working, try showing the results idk that could be motivation

roxanna79
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Thats a tough one... I workout all the time and hubby has gained quite a bit always says he needs to workout... Hasnt happened.. I think it has to be sonething the person wants for themselves
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Well if you can't talk about your weight there are a lot more difficult things going to come your way in marriage. I'd ask him WHY he is gaining weight? He not eating right or is he depressed. Is he just lazy? Ask him if it's ok with him. If it is then you are looking at your future.

grumpyboston
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:15 PM
You can talk to him about what you did when you worked out. Then say you know you dont have to wait for me to get back to start working out. If you start now it will be easier to keep up with me . Jokingly say you dont want me to be able to out work you. That way u dont have to out right say
ProudMommy51006
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Honestly, I agree....

Quoting furbabymum:

Well if you can't talk about your weight there are a lot more difficult things going to come your way in marriage. I'd ask him WHY he is gaining weight? He not eating right or is he depressed. Is he just lazy? Ask him if it's ok with him. If it is then you are looking at your future.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Truer words were never spoken!

Quoting furbabymum:

thecoffeefairy
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:27 PM
I agree. Marriage requires honesty.

Quoting furbabymum:

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:33 PM
3 moms liked this

Just as a note to you, when my DH was deployed working out is all he had to do on his off time. He came back looking buff as hell. (Give me a moment I'm drooling at the memory.) Anyway, I had a lot more to occupy myself with and did not work out nearly at all. Plus I ate a ton of junk because cooking for 1 isn't all that inspiring. Just remember that you are gone and isolated and working out gives you release. It is not so for him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)