Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the most romantic thing your DH/SO has ever done?

Posted by   + Show Post

Come on ladies.  He has to have done something to woo you.

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
wishbearmom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:38 AM

My ex didn't have a romantic bone in his body. I love my SO, but spontaneity is so not his thing. Still...he drove 300 miles to take my youngest DD to the snowflake ball because she invited him; he has helped my oldest daughter move 3 (yes 3!!) times; we've taken some wonderful trips together; and he was the first (and only) man to send my oldest daughter flowers for her birthday. He's set the bar very high, but she deserves nothing less! I settled - big time - and she knows what a jerk her dad can be! Hopefully she'll be smarter than I was in the end (though, long story short, my SO was the man who originally broke off our engagement and led me to marry the man who fathered my 3 kids and treated all of us like we were a financial drain and an obligation, not family).

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:57 AM

He showed up to my dorm as a surprise. We didn't get to see each other the week before I left for college and my first week there was really hard. That weekend he went to union station, bought a ticket and rode a cab to campus. Then he went around asking random people where my dorm was lol. And he did all that knowing we would only have a few hours together (he was there at 8pm and would have to leave at 6 the next morning since there was only one train a day). 

annasmom1234
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Changed the toilet paper roll.

Oh my gosh!  I can't quit laughing because I can remember dh doing this once at our house.  sidesplittinglaughter

chazzamatazz
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:25 AM

This has to be the most difficult question ever asked of me - I'm not bragging, but my husband is very romantic every day. We're low-income so he doesn't buy me expensive gifts (with the exception of our new wedding bands coming this spring!) but he's always doing sweet things and his words are wonderful. I'm really lucky to have him. <3

JessicaHetzel
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:57 AM

This is a hard one. I'll have to get back to you. He has a big date night planned for the 23rd and he says there are a bunch of surprises in store for me that night.

cherylam
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:13 PM
2 moms liked this

it may not sound really romantic, but after I had to have repair work on both my knees at the same time, after knee replacement, DH literally helped me to the bathroom, helped me undress, and washed me, head to toe, very gently as I stood with a walker, sobbing with severe pain, even after a double shot of Norco. He dried me, dressed me, got me back in bed, then cleaned the bathroom from soap and water flying everywhere.  He emptied the potty for me, did dishes, laundry, cleaned house and cooked every day, until I could stand up long enough to do these things. His tenderness and patience when i was in terrible pain will always remind me how much this wonderful man loves me.  I can't imagine not having my Johnny in my life.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

When it snows he opens my side of the garage so I don't have to get out and open it. (We don't have automatic doors) Sounds dumb but that he thinks of me like that is the most romantic thing I can ask for.

nsparky1964
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe not the most romantic, but most recent thing that made me giddy was he called the other day BC he needed to hear my voice..melted right there..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

He designed a ring just for me - a mothers ring w/the girls birthstones!

jesuschild06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:55 PM

first vday, got a ring.

first bday, got a wii.

He carved a piece of park into a heart/key and carved a heart in it. It was the sweetest thing ever !

When I got pregnant, he bought me a key necklace.

Then my engagement ring (though I proposed to him, his next pay check he went, bought me a ring, and then proposed to me)

plus he does little things all the time, foot massages, leg massages, he has shaved me for me since my tummy keeps me from being able to see, he has shaved his legs for me (I love my man smooth, yes, I am weird) several times, when im really lazy he will go get me a drink without complaining, without complaining he will go to the store and get me the food i am craving. And every single time he does anything small like that he tells me how much he loves me and he loves putting a smile on my face doing those things for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)