Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

emotional affairs?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:49 AM
  • 7 Replies

what would u consider this? does just being friends with an opposite sex count or what?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MrsRi
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this

An emotional affair is any type of emotional sharing or bonding that he does with someone of the opposite sex that has to be hidden from me.

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Just having a friend of the opposite sex doesn't count. But when he seeks out that friend instead of you, chooses to confide in her instead of you, then it's crossing the line, even if they haven't admitted feelings or discussed being together.

kristina0121
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Every couple should talk about what is their definition of cheating and what they find appropriate in their relationship. There is no right or wrong when different couples agree to different things. One with an open marriage is ok with their SO having sex with other people. Some couples agree not to be friends with members of opposite sex. You and your SO/DH need to decide what is right for your relationship and what you are comfortable and not comfortable with. Go talk to him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wifeynmommie80
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I agree!

Quoting kristina0121:

Every couple should talk about what is their definition of cheating and what they find appropriate in their relationship. There is no right or wrong when different couples agree to different things. One with an open marriage is ok with their SO having sex with other people. Some couples agree not to be friends with members of opposite sex. You and your SO/DH need to decide what is right for your relationship and what you are comfortable and not comfortable with. Go talk to him!

annasmom1234
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Quoting MrsRi:

An emotional affair is any type of emotional sharing or bonding that he does with someone of the opposite sex that has to be hidden from me.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

JessicaHetzel
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I wouldn't say being friends with the opposit sex is an emotional affair at all. But if he starts to have to hide what he says toward her or what they talk about, then I woud say it is fishy.

jesuschild06
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM

agreed. 

You also have to be careful when accusing, is this person just a best friend? Even if its new? Some people just click, and you can have a best friend of the opposite sex without having relationship feelings towards them. I only say this because it has happened with me and DF. He was friends with the girl long before we met. But he went to her about everything. And I always felt like he was hiding things because he wouldnt tell me, I would end up finding out by her facebook status' or him telling someone else that he talked to her or hung out with her. It took a while to understand and accept that they were just best friends. But I wasnt even able to begin understanding that until I had talks and talks and talks with him, and he finally started telling me before she had the chance to post it on facebook or him tell someone else. 

Quoting kristina0121:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)