Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At a loss for what to get DF for Vday :(

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

So Dfs best friend(s) live like 13 hours away, so they skype together and the one he plays minecraft with online. Well about a month ago his headphones broke, and he hasnt had the extra money to get any. I decided that I would get him some for Vday. It was absolutely perfect. Then, his computer screen goes and breaks. I gave him 3 choices (the day he filed taxes so we knew how much he was getting back);

he could get a HDMI cord and hook it to our extra TV we never use until his tax money comes in and buy a new screen, a new battery (because his is so dead, that even with it plugged in he keeps getting pop ups telling him to replace the battery), which would cost about $200 IF he replaces the screen himself, much more if he has somene else do it (and he has never fixed a computer in anyway before so him doing it himself would super stress him out); 

he could get a HDMI cord, hook it to our comp, and then buy a new laptop with his tax money;

I would use my school money, buy him a new laptop, and he pay me back for it the day he gets his tax money.

Well he chose me buying a laptop for him. Ok, great, well yesterday, I come to find out that with this new laptop, it has a mic built in so he no longer needs the headphones, and doesnt even want them (he doesnt care whether I hear their conversations on skype or not). So now I have no idea what to get him. I am so bummed.

There is nothing he has been talking about gettting with his tax money except those headphones. I dont have the money to get anything expensive. My school money has to last me a long time since his hours still have not picked back up to normal at work. So I have to pay my part of the bills (my cell phone, my insurance, my dr bills), and he pays his bills plus rent and food here. 

Minecraft is the only game he is really addicted too. He has a wii game he plays from time to time (one he begged me for for christmas), he has a game cube and a ton of games for that, and i have a SNES with games he likes, but he still prefers his minecraft. He needs socks and another hoodie for work, but those arent something hell be excited about getting. He always likes hats, but still, he has about 15, and though he likes getting new hats, its not something he would be super excited about. We live at my parents so a nice romantic evening at home wont really work. I cant dress all sexy or make a candle lit dinner, and it be just the two of us. I am so sad. I just want it to be a Vday he remember forever because I got him something he truely wants. :(

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Even though you live at your parents you could still easily give him a nice long back massage. Who wouldn't love that?! : )

YVONNE

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Or have your gift be that you take him somewhere out on a date, that would probably be especially nice since you do live with your parents? You could take him out to dinner to his favorite restaurant or one you guys havent tried yet, or to any movie of his choice at the theatre.  Or somewhere else fun that you think he'd enjoy.

YVONNE

jesuschild06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM

he gets a back massage at least once a week anyways :p 

Quoting earthangel1967:

Even though you live at your parents you could still easily give him a nice long back massage. Who wouldn't love that?! : )

jesuschild06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM

hmmmm. thats not a bad idea. He absolutely loves china buffet and since I got pregnant I havent wanted it at all so he hasnt eaten it..... (He use to go atleast once every 2 weeks!)

Quoting earthangel1967:

Or have your gift be that you take him somewhere out on a date, that would probably be especially nice since you do live with your parents? You could take him out to dinner to his favorite restaurant or one you guys havent tried yet, or to any movie of his choice at the theatre.  Or somewhere else fun that you think he'd enjoy.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jesuschild06:

he gets a back massage at least once a week anyways :p 

Quoting earthangel1967:

Aww that's nice, well there's still the other idea.

YVONNE

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Quoting jesuschild06:

hmmmm. thats not a bad idea. He absolutely loves china buffet and since I got pregnant I havent wanted it at all so he hasnt eaten it..... (He use to go atleast once every 2 weeks!)

Quoting earthangel1967:

: ) Sounds yummy! I know for myself I always tell my loved ones that taking me somewhere or doing something with me and spending time with me making memories doing something fun or such are always my favorite gifts and they really are. Bc the memories last forever longer than any material thing we can buy. : ) I hope it is helpful and if you guys go out you have an awesome time. PLUS even more so if you are pregnant bc its always much much harder to get a chance to go out on a date after a baby is born. (although hopefully your parents will be helpful with that : )

YVONNE

jesuschild06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah, meories are defiantely special. And he loves them. I just like doing/giving things that wouldnt happen/be given otherwise. But since I still have 14 weeks left, china buffet once in 9 months would definately be a treat :) And yeah, Im sure my parents will help :p (especially my mom. She is so excited !)

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting jesuschild06:

Quoting earthangel1967:

: ) Sounds yummy! I know for myself I always tell my loved ones that taking me somewhere or doing something with me and spending time with me making memories doing something fun or such are always my favorite gifts and they really are. Bc the memories last forever longer than any material thing we can buy. : ) I hope it is helpful and if you guys go out you have an awesome time. PLUS even more so if you are pregnant bc its always much much harder to get a chance to go out on a date after a baby is born. (although hopefully your parents will be helpful with that : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)