Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

so sorry

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 6 Replies
I'm not sure I joined the right group but my uncle is dying. I'm so upset because I'm adopted and I've lost 2 mothers plus so many others. My uncle is going through kidney failure and is refusing to treat the disease. I'm not sure I'm a candidate for transplant because I have svt which is a heart condition. Today I kept all of this from my husband because it was his birthday until I completely lost it 15 minutes ago and broke down in tears. Any advice? I feel like I failed...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MJP76
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:22 PM
2 moms liked this

It's hard, but your uncle is a grown man, sounds like he made his choice, you just have to figure out a way to support him through it.

jesuschild06
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

agreed. I am very sorry you are going through this. It definately has to be hard for you. But let DH be there for you. It sounds like you really need him right now. *hugs*

Quoting MJP76:

It's hard, but your uncle is a grown man, sounds like he made his choice, you just have to figure out a way to support him through it.

raegan1221
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry:(. If you want to see if you could donate, maybe you could speak with your Cardiologist. But I agree it does seem like he's made his choice...I will pray for you and your family. So sorry sweetie.

k.vickery26
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Thanks so much for the advice and prayers. Hope you all had a wonderful Valentines day.
2lilmamas
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww thats a tough situation. Talk to him see if you can make him change is mind. Stay strong.
k.vickery26
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:21 AM
He said he wouldn't do dialysis but didn't mention how he felt about a transplant. We're still waiting to see exactly how poor the function is. The last he heard was function being at 67 percent. From what they're telling him now its worse but he hasn't said how much worse. Just trusting God to know better than I do right now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN