Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Have I outgrown my relationship?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:26 PM
  • 2 Replies

I have been with my boyfriend for over 6 years and lately i've wanted more out of the relationship than going out to dinner and watching movies.  He has been a homebody for the last year because his job has been so demanding on him.  I want to do something with him but it becomes an argument and I am so over it by the time we are done arguing i don't want to do anything.  I want to get married he doesn't.  I am currently on trip to california and have been able to  visit anywhere I want.  I dont miss him and part of me feels bad but the other part of me feels ok about it.  Im not sure if it is the distance apart or if it is how i really feel.  Any thoughts on what I should do?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jesuschild06
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I think when you get home, you should sit down and have a serious talk with him about your relationship. How not going out and doing things is hurting it, and you need to come together and find a plan to fix this (if that is what you want to do, otherwise, tell him you are done.)

NeedFriends38
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:56 AM
I am not an expert, but I would tell him how you feel and try to work on it. I know what it feels like not to do anything I want to anymore. I have been married 7 yrs with 2 kids. Believe me if he does this now it won't be any better once you are married. If you want more out if life then you need to do what makes you happy. I would try and get him to understand how you feel
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN