Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband always wants praise for any little thing he does....

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:37 PM
  • 34 Replies
My husband likes to be praised for things all of the time when I never get any. At all. Ever. How should I deal with this? I think he is so immature sometimes. I was thinking about making him one of those gold star charts like the ones for kids. Every day that he does something that he feels proud of, I should give him a gold star. What do you think?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frankiesma530
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I think you're going to start an argument with that chart.  lol

masonmomma
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol
Sounds like you married a male...
sadiebug1228
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Lol sounds like my df and just about every guy I know lol

I ignore it and when he tells me he did something I just say great where's my award for the crap I do all the time. And he usually walks away and never mentions it again. But it's a good way to make him shut up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL I think you should do it!!  Honestly this is a LOT of men.  They want acknowledgement that they accomplished something!  They constantly seek approval.  They are like kids in a way.  

(not trying to sound mean..  just honest LOL)

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this

yep men tend to be like that.  yeah the chart will cause problems.  Just a simple "yes dear, good job" might suffice.

pittymama
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:54 AM

uh. sounds like the male species. doing a "gold star chart" is only going to belittle him. 

kblossom20
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Lmao that chart idea is hilarious!!! I'd probably do it if df annoyed me to that point ;p
KimTaylor76
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:07 AM
My hubby does the same thing, I don't have to deal with it much cuz he does close to nothing around the house in order for him to mention it lol. But when he does I just say "thanks babe, I appreciate it" and that settles it.
DieselsMom
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:17 AM
1 mom liked this

You sound kind of rude...give him the props he wants....make him feel appreciated! why is that so hard?

briebaby123
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:50 AM

He may not understand, or he may not be able to tell you in the way he wants how good of a job you're doing. My husband told me that the other day...that I do so much, he just doesn't know how to tell me. 

It may also be your husbands "love language" . He needs praise and words of encouragement to fill up his cup and make him feel loved.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)