Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Our memorial for our forever angel

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:23 AM
  • 20 Replies
4 moms liked this

As many of you know my son was killed while riding his bike on Jan.14th. We wanted to make sure that we got a enclosed hutch as soon as possible for his stuff ,including his ashes, due to the yellow dust here in S.Korea.It turns black within minutes of touching the ground.It has already destroyed some of our stuff. So it was very important to us to get this.We had planned on saving all our income tax refund for our PCS in Sept. We ended up using $700.00 of it to buy him a hutch. As much as i would love to have my son back I'm glad he died near a time we could afford to buy that. WOW just writing that sounds horrible. I just wanted/needed him(his ashes) and his stuff he got at the memorial,etc... was protected from anything and everything.Anyways here it is.

This is his Steelers jersey.Once we get back to the states i will have this drawer made into a shadow box so it's more protected.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaddiesMama09
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:11 AM
What a beautiful display. So sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:35 AM
That looks great. Very heart felt.
kayandjsmom
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this

It doesn't sound horrible for you writing that. You sound like a mom who wanted to display her son's memories beautifully. And you did that. The hutch is beautiful. 

MommyBear28
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Beautiful! I'm sure he is watching over you! I'm so sorry for you loss! 

jesuschild06
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:02 AM

that is perfect.

Megan11587
by Megan on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:09 PM
It looks great. How are you holding up, momma?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Poohy1975
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Not great.But when i start to cry i try to remind myself how much Clayton hated seeing me upset.Some people tell e it gets better with time but others tell me the pain never goes away. Hopefully it gets better with time.

Quoting Megan11587:

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:28 PM

AWW That is beautitful and touching, just priceless

YVONNE

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:37 PM

That's beautiful! Again so sorry for your loss! hugs

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:39 PM

hugsEveryone is different in the grieving department! You just have to do the every day things&sometimes it'll hit you! I never lost a child,but a parent.

My prayers are with you,mama!

Quoting Poohy1975:

Not great.But when i start to cry i try to remind myself how much Clayton hated seeing me upset.Some people tell e it gets better with time but others tell me the pain never goes away. Hopefully it gets better with time.

Quoting Megan11587:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)