Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Well this day sucks so far.. Just a vent

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:53 AM
  • 19 Replies

My boyfriend and I are in a bit of a rough patch lately and I wish that just today things would be different.. Well I was wrong to even think that...He is not a big valentines day person but I am so he said we would go out for dinner, well I had surgery on Monday and I am still feeling a little under the weather so I told him we can just stay in and have dinner at home... he said that's fine, so I thought maybe he would cook tonight but he said he isn't the one who wants to stay in so I can be the one to make dinner... Ugh that makes me a little mad since I wont get off work till 5 and then have a 30 min drive home... I dunno I am a little mad about it all and to top it off he didn't even say happy valentines day to me this morning when he left for work, when I got up I had to text him it...

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gabyangy
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Why don't you do take out or order in?

Gmgej
by Michele on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this

he is your bf, not your husband, you have no children right? If you want more set the standard for more, and accept no less. If he is your standard then don't expect more.

mommieofII
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:30 AM

He is my BF of 2 years and we live together.. We are TTC and I have 2 children of my own 

Quoting Gmgej:

he is your bf, not your husband, you have no children right? If you want more set the standard for more, and accept no less. If he is your standard then don't expect more.

mommieofII
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Thought about this.. Prob will since I dont feel great today

Quoting gabyangy:

Why don't you do take out or order in?

Bertieb
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Valentine's Day is such a pain! I think as many people or more dread it than embrace it. My DH will probably give me something, either a card or flowers or dinner, who knows, but it's because he has too, and I don't blame him for dreading it. He is a great guy and I have no complaints whatsoever about how romantic he is, but I don't like him being obligated to do things either. I will feel more guilty than anything if I get flowers at work and nobody else does. My coworker was up all night last night thinking about how she has no one to send her anything today, no prospects in sight and generally depressed that her life is going nowhere. Order food in and get through Valentine's Day by planning a fun date evening together next week when you feel better!

little.worthen
by Tessie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Get take out
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nsparky1964
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Its just another day..having notions of uber romantic evenings only set you up for disappointment ...instead of focusing on just 1 day a year to "show" love, take the entire year to do so...
I am not expecting anything today, not even a card..he doesn't need to spend money on a hallmark holiday...he shows me daily, as I do as well..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:55 AM
4 moms liked this

Your relatinoship is in the crapper and your TTC? Well that'll fix it..................

Quoting mommieofII:

He is my BF of 2 years and we live together.. We are TTC and I have 2 children of my own 

Quoting Gmgej:

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Most men aren't into big romantic gestures.  Thus you kind of have to train them, as bas as that sounds.  Talk to him about it.  Tell him how you feel.  The only way you get through rough patches is to have 100% open and honest communication with each other.  That solves a lot of problems in relationships and in marriages.

But first you need to step back and realize and make absolute sure what's really bothering you.  Don't go off on 15 different things, when really only 1 thing is bothering you, kwim??

(hugs) GL sweetie!  

Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Oh I kind of know how you feel momma when it comes to valentines day and holidays like that... Today really sucks for me too and not just because ds is being a lil brat today either. it sucks because dh doesn't want to celebrate v-day because our aniversy was/is on feb 2nd. I thought we'd at least exchange cards of something and spend the evening together after ds goes to bed but turns out two nights ago he tells me, after seeing a commercial for v-day on tv, Oh what's the point in v-day? I'm all like what are talking about? and I already want to cry cuz I know he's going to say something like well screw valentines day, or something like that. So he's all like, well what's the point our aniversy was the 2nd. and a bunch of other crap about the stupid holiday... I just wanted to cry. I really was expecting something nice today or this weekend since our aniversy sucked big time cuz of dh's job. Now I know we didn't talk about it or anything like that, but I still figured maybe he'd plan a lil something for us... but I guess not... I guess we're only going celebrate holidays that kids can really get into... My dh just isn't into the whole holiday thing at all.... it's not a bad thing and it doesn't mean that your realtionship is "in the crapper". Just work on communication and take one day at a time honey... it'll be ok... I'm sorry you're having a bad day... But hey I know how you feel...

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)