Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

To Much NEGATIVE!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:24 AM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

Is it just me or is there alot of negative stuff on here about either the spouse boyfriend etc? The only person you can change is you. Obviously there are some good reasons to get out of a relationship aka abuse, cheating (after seeking help if spouse is willing) etc. But for the little things, what you need to realise is that its not the other person, its both of you. There is something missing. Girls just say it out loud men dont. So instead of giving up or talking bad about your spouse, SO, talk them up and find out what is missing. First place to look and you can google it is Love languages. What is your love language and what is your spouses love language. Second figure out what the root problem is. Third fix it. There are so many resources out there to help. I can name a few, there is a movie called fireproof. Have a date night in and watch it together. there is a book called the love dare. its a 40 day challenge. could be for both men and women. then the love lanuguage book I told you about. The love and respect book which talks about men needing respect and women needing love. Theres alot of stuff to help you in your marriage. Talk to each other. open up. stay as calm as possible even if it gets hard. and lastly, think about the things that maybe he has told you that bothers him. You cant fix your spouse but you can sure fix yourself which will change your spouse and wierd as that sounds.  Be positive about your husband or SO only talk good things about them and in that you will see a change. Hope this also makes your V day a little bit better. If he is not taking the initiative dont say well if he isnt i wont cause its his turn. Wrong attitude. Blow him out of the water. Make it a competition. Men love that. Think about it and please consider trying this.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
furbabymum
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:25 AM
3 moms liked this

This only works if both parties are willing to work on the relationship. I have seem many women in here who are trying but their partner is not. I would not tolerate that.

little.worthen
by Tessie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:27 AM

i really like those chicken bacon ranch quesadillas from chilis

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Damn it. Now I'm hungry and there isnt a Chilis in a 50 mile radius. My Valentines Day is ruined!!!!!!!! *Runs off to cry*

Quoting little.worthen:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
:'(. Im starving now. The closest chili's is a couple hundred miles away...

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Damn it. Now I'm hungry and there isnt a Chilis in a 50 mile radius. My Valentines Day is ruined!!!!!!!! *Runs off to cry*

Quoting little.worthen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blueyedbaker
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Good advice but when I bring up the fact that after almost 20 years of being together, 12 years married, we have absolutely nothing in common, we can go for hours with out saying 1 word to each other and he finds nothing wrong with any of that. Is that right?!! No!!! So why bring it up to him when I know what he will say.

Last night my husband got home when me and my girls were eating dinner. I had a big salad,(I put chicken or what ever meat we're having in it) He said "so mommys eating a salad I see" he always has to say something about me eating a salad and it makes me so mad. So all I said is "why do you always have to say something about me eating a salad" he got all pissy and went to his office, didn't sit down with us and ignored me for the rest of the night, didn't sleep in our bed and this morning didn't even say bye BUT he left a note "Happy valentines day, love you 3 love Daddy" nice huh So what do you do when your husband acts like a little baby? 

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

yep, i agree!  for an example, i sent him a text msg the other day telling him how much i appreciate everything he does for the kids and me - etc..... and last night he told me how much he appreciated me just for being me and for being in his life too!  we agreed that we need to set an example for our kids and to each other!!!  Great post!

2lilmamas
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Hey not every relationship is perfect. But its cool that they vent. If not here then where.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:20 PM
And where could the rest of us go for hours of endless entertainment if they stopped??? LOL!

Quoting 2lilmamas:

Hey not every relationship is perfect. But its cool that they vent. If not here then where.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
charity62
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

i agree

Jessica0930
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Hahahahaha!!!!!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

And where could the rest of us go for hours of endless entertainment if they stopped??? LOL!

Quoting 2lilmamas:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN