Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

So bummed this Valentine's Day... :(

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM
  • 48 Replies

I am soooo frustrated and hurt today, looking on FB and seeing everyone's photos of their candies, flowers, cards, gifts, etc.!! I am happy for all of them but jealous and wanting to smack my DH!!!! We have never really been into celebrating TOO much but I think he is just an ASS this time. He was even off work today too!! I told him earlier that I was sad that we didn't really do anything today for V-Day except drive around and look at houses for rent (we are having to move by the end of this month) and go to my doctor appointments. He said....well, we have so much going on and are busy. Let me tell you something BUDDY, even my friend's DH, who is currently basically DYING in ICU, sent HER flowers to say I Love You!!! Geez!!!
I am also 6 months pregnant and we just celebrated our 7 year Wedding Anniversary last week. I just wish he had more interest in 'showering' me sometimes with sweets and cards and CRAP! He use to bring me home flowers and a card often from work just because I had a rough day....what the hell has happened???! :(

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CameronsMommy23
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry hun!! Do something nice for yourself and forget him for today. Hugs!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ericaaf
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM

if it makes you feel any better my husband didnt get me anything either..

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Four!!!!!!!!
Jess21608
by Jess on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I know the feeling! my hubby doesnt really celebrate V day..I think the last time I got something was when we were dating..granted our wedding anniversary is on sat..5 yrs but I doubt that I will get anything then as well since we just had our lil man will be 3 weeks old tommorrow. I never make a big deal out of it but 5 yrs is a big deal to me..sigh thats life though Im secretly envious of all my friends who will be getting something special so your not alone!

nsparky1964
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:30 PM
5 moms liked this
Why get all stressed and upset over one day that is only a hallmark holiday, instead focus on the rest of the year and showing each other love, respect and admiration...geez, we woman (general) over romanticize this day...only to set ourselves up for disappointment
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Well you probably haven't been letting him know. Men aren't known to be good hint takers. I got chocolate, bought it myself. So I got just what I wanted for V-day. :P

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:46 PM
I may make myself bacon "roses" for dinner.

Quoting furbabymum:

Well you probably haven't been letting him know. Men aren't known to be good hint takers. I got chocolate, bought it myself. So I got just what I wanted for V-day. :P

SuperMom2433
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM
I love you.
Errrr...I mean, bacon roses???? BACON roses? Please do tell...

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Quoting furbabymum:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I think you are now require to post pictures of this!

lol I nkow people are going to say we aren't "romantic". I consider myself to be practical. I bought the candy today cuz it's ON SALE WOOT! lol

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Quoting furbabymum:

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Sale candy tastes even sweeter, lol.

Quoting furbabymum:

I think you are now require to post pictures of this!

lol I nkow people are going to say we aren't "romantic". I consider myself to be practical. I bought the candy today cuz it's ON SALE WOOT! lol

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Quoting furbabymum:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN