Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Am I overracting?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:10 PM
  • 29 Replies

Well today is Valentines day and as always I go all out for dh and kids. I baked a two layer cake, cookies making spaghetti and heart shape meatballs. Each kidgot heart chocolate a lollipop and cards. I got dh A large box of kit kats in a heart shape a coffee cup and got him a cordless screwdriver he has been wanting for awhile. I also got him a box of chocolates from each one of our kids and we made special handmade cards for daddy.

So he gives me a box and says here I look at it and its a perfume set. Its beautiful but here's the thing dh have been together for 10 years and he  knows I'm very sensitive to smells like I have to be careful with what house products I use cuz of the scents I break in a horrible reaction all over my body my face swells and I get all itchy with red blotches everywhere. So I can only where one perfume and I have been using for years. And 2 weeks ago we were talking about perfumes and we were even speaking about how I love his cologne and how it sucks I can't use different perfumes because of my reactions.

So with that in mind when he gave me the perfume I said Thank you. But in reality i'm kinda hurt because it's feels like he forgot who he was married too. Am I overreacting?

I appreciate that he gave me something don't get me wrong but I'm kinda annoyed he didn't think of me. Am I making sense? lol I would have rather had a card with something sweet written in it then something that can actually affect me physically.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:16 PM
I totally get what ur saying. Men can be so clueless even mine lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:22 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm sorry sweetie!!  Is there any way you can return the perfume and get something you can use??  I would say that men need instructions n how do to stuff, like buy things for women..  but they probably wouldn't read them!!  :x

ozzyswifey
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I know it's not like I don't appreciate it just the fact that it's like ok I can't do anything with it lol

Quoting kjbugsmom1517:

ozzyswifey
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Not that I know Idk where he got it and I don't want to offened him but at the same time I feel like saying something

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

I'm sorry sweetie!!  Is there any way you can return the perfume and get something you can use??  I would say that men need instructions n how do to stuff, like buy things for women..  but they probably wouldn't read them!!  :x

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:27 PM

No you're not overreacting. It's not like you're upset he got the wrong color or he didn't spend enough. After 10 years he should know that about you, he should have either gotten you the one you already use, or something else entirely

eatyourveges
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:27 PM
I don't think you're overreacting. If you threw it at him that would be overreacting lol but if I were in your shoes I would be hurt too. Did you talk to him about it?

Quoting ozzyswifey:

I know it's not like I don't appreciate it just the fact that it's like ok I can't do anything with it lol

Quoting kjbugsmom1517:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ozzyswifey
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I just feel like a bitch

Quoting boshs1andonly:

No you're not overreacting. It's not like you're upset he got the wrong color or he didn't spend enough. After 10 years he should know that about you, he should have either gotten you the one you already use, or something else entirely

Bauxite-17
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I get what you're saying. Maybe he just thought from your conversation, that you wanted new perfume, and totally didn't listen to the part where you have reactions to them.....men only listen to half of what you're saying, and then get an idea they think is great, but totally don't listen to the last little bit where you tell them not to. My hubs does that sometimes. They mean well...they're just....brain farty sometimes.

ozzyswifey
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:32 PM

No I have not cuz I don't want hi to think I am ungrateful

Quoting eatyourveges:

I don't think you're overreacting. If you threw it at him that would be overreacting lol but if I were in your shoes I would be hurt too. Did you talk to him about it?

Quoting ozzyswifey:

Quoting kjbugsmom1517:

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:32 PM

that's actually a good point. he probably meant well, but sometimes they just miss. 

Quoting Bauxite-17:

Yeah, I get what you're saying. Maybe he just thought from your conversation, that you wanted new perfume, and totally didn't listen to the part where you have reactions to them.....men only listen to half of what you're saying, and then get an idea they think is great, but totally don't listen to the last little bit where you tell them not to. My hubs does that sometimes. They mean well...they're just....brain farty sometimes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN