Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

vday

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:52 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hmmm I dont need nor enjoy this day, IMO, its a hallmark holiday, instead of just one day to express love, admiration and respect we show each other daily..its not cards, chocolate ans expectations of great hot steamy sex....to much pressure! Its the random phone call or text, the just BC I was thinking of you, the helping me with the chores ( or children if it applies, it doesn't with us), its that sweet gesture of brushing your lovers hand, noting a smile in their eyes, its respecting them as their own person, with opinions of their own, and accepting views that are different...
We in society have an over inflated view of what today means, we all have seen romantic movies and say that's the kind of guy I'm going to marry,...when if fact we don't live in a romantic movie, ...men are not as wonderful as Noah in the Notebook...and relationships aren't perfect like a soap opera..life is life, its hard!
We wish , hope and dream of that perfect romantic night, we buy sexy lingerie, ship the babies off, set the mood...then our men come home and relax, or does get the idea and attempts to be a romantic leading man, and its not what we've fantasized about.....we are pissed at them, for our own set up...we over romanticized
today..more than any other night, including your wedding night...
Fact is ladies, show each other the love,respect and admiration daily and value them, don't take each other for granted and everyday will be Valentine's day....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Honeybunches26
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

my husband is better than any romantic movie ... but your right tis just another day

by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:45 PM

HA! I just wrote something almost just like this before readong through all the posts today. 

Nicole1357
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Yes ma'm my hubby treats me daily! We don't even observe the holiday..lol 

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:46 PM

having chocolatebump

MomToovey
by Marianne on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:23 PM

We observe the day, but more as a fun family celebration. DH and I have never been too keen on the actual holiday and we don't do anything except get cards for each other. I agree, my DH and I strive daily to show our love and appreciation that we don't need a day to remind us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)