Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Random Valentines Thoughts

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:44 PM
  • 4 Replies

So ever since I got married I really could care less about Valentines Day. I mean before kids we would sometimes do something but not every year. Now its just about the kids. Not us.

I think its an over rated day for Hallmark and the florists and resturants to jack up their prices and rip you off. Filled with mostly unrealistic expectations that are rarely ever met. And really, if me and my husband dont know how we feel about each other the other 364 days of the year we have a problem. I think once you get married, your anniversary should be the major holiday for love. That should be the day for express your love and appreciation for you spouse. Especially in this day and age with a massive divorce rate, every year you stay together should be celebrated whether it's one or 60. So thats the day we celebrate. Not today.

Though I am craving chocoalte for some reason today anyway! Lol! So I stole my kids LOL

Just my thoughts. for what its worth. 

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Eh we don't care it doesn't matter to us! If we love each 364&why not the 1 other day? We don't go overboad! But we don't ignore it either! We always make a big deal out of our wedding anniversary we go on trips. We celebrate Mother's&Father's day it doesn't make us less parents! We get Easter baskets for the kids and that has 0 to do with the Resurrection of Christ. Yes not everyone is Christian but you get what I'm saying!
DH&I have weekly dates! Tonight we are having another one! ;-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I'm not big on the whole Valentines hype either.   My husband is a "random acts of romanace throughout the year" type of guy.   He likes to get me something on Valentines day too though.  

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM
We crafted things fir each other instead of buying vday things. It was much morr special . We have a date for us planned on Saturday but its more because we asked for the day off together =]
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:43 PM

We have never been too keen on the holiday. Like you, we believe that love and appreciation should be expressed year round, and whether he does something for me on Valentines Day or not isn't going to make or break how I think he feels about me.

On top of that, we always have a million things going on in February, and it just seems useless to add one more thing to our list. We do typically exchange cards, and we try to do something nice for/with our DD, but that's it. No gifts. No date. No expectations. And just because we didn't go all out doesn't mean we didn't express our love and appreciation for each other :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)