Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What kind of Wedding are you having/did you have ?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:21 PM
  • 31 Replies

We're getting married May 18th,2013.

We're having a simple diy, rustic, country style wedding at our home at 1:00pm.

We also plan on having our reception at our home, at 1:30 pm, as well.

The reception will be a dessert buffet only. Many different types of desserts will be served(including diabetic options) along w/our wedding cake, hot & cold tea/coffee & punch. No alcohol will be served. Dress code will be casual.

We just want to have a good time w/our friends & family, nothing special or to fancy for us.

What kind of wedding are you planning - or- did you have ?

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:23 PM
We eloped. My kids and my father was there. In the country in a garden. Then spent the weekend in a cottage. Cost about $700. Worth it to skip out on the drama my mil was causing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
OMG!!! Jax is gonna go off the deep end!! Even deeper! lol
Today at 11:47 AM
by Trica on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:43 PM
We had a simple wedding at a chapel&a reception at my parents house. Then we did a big church wedding 4yrs. later.
raisingmen
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:55 PM
small Simple church wedding
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Our wedding was small and simple as well.We were married in an old chapel where I'd wanted to get married since I was,like,5!No wedding party,just our friend/offiant and ourselves with our family and friends watching in the pews.Then we followed up with a small reception in my parents backyard.Catered by our favorite BBQ restaurant (hey,it was summer and we do live in the south after all,lol).It was exactly how we wanted it :) 

Sunshine2plus2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Very simple and very small!

KeimUNCmomof3
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:19 PM

My wedding day was on February 16, 2007.  We had a Greek Orthodox Ceremony and then had a 1940's Big Band Old Hollywood Reception.  We surprised our guests by swing dancing in the middle of our first dance as husband and wife.  Our band performed, "L.O.V.E." originally sung by Nat King Cole.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:45 PM

It was pretty traditional. Really the only thing not traditional was the fact that we had it outdoors in a garden at a country club instead of in a church.

It was lovely though, the perfect wedding for us :)

huntmom1104
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:01 PM

We will be having a very country wedding ... sunflowers mason jars square bales of hay out at our friends ranch... Then we will have the reception in the pecan barn :) talkin about it i just cant wait for the day to get here...

beeky
by Alexandra on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:02 PM

We had a simple English country wedding.  We were married in the 12th century village church, had our reception in the village hall and spent our wedding night in a 17th century converted farm house.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:12 PM

We had a church ceremony and an outdoor wedding. It was lovely but low key. It fit our personality to a tee.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)