Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Date Ideas?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:40 PM
  • 8 Replies

Next week DH and I have our 15th anniversary. I am in charge of planning our 'date' and I'm feeling really stumped for ideas. We are having a really tough time right now both financially and relationship-wise. I have already told him that I want to seperate from him and possibly divorce. We just haven't decided when this is going to happen. I just don't know what we should do to 'celebrate' when it feels like this marriage is dying, you know?

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ittyprincess604
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:45 AM

hmmmm idk. Most of my ideas involve being outside, but its so cold. So heres a bump!

carakitty
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Thanks for the bump! I should check the extended forcast to see if maybe we can do a picnic in the park or something

ElleLuvsOrchids
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:47 AM

That's a tough situation.  I don't know how you'd celebrate a wedding anniversary if you're planning to divorce.  Perhaps you should go to dinner and use it as an opportunity to tell each other the positive things that you learned from being together?

hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:09 AM
I'd go with a sonic drive in for dessert! Hot fudge brownie sundae ...?? You stay within your means and include pp of telling each other a positive before you can take your next bite! You have to eat in the drive in or in the car at a lake or something..... Pretend you all are the goofy guys. Lol make it fun
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dfaley1066
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:32 AM
My husband and I were in the same boat a year ago. We separated for a few months. It's what we needed and it helped. I think we are better now.

If you aren't in love with him why go thru the motions and celebrate your anniversary, just split to see if that is what you both want.

Quoting carakitty:

Next week DH and I have our 15th anniversary. I am in charge of planning our 'date' and I'm feeling really stumped for ideas. We are having a really tough time right now both financially and relationship-wise. I have already told him that I want to seperate from him and possibly divorce. We just haven't decided when this is going to happen. I just don't know what we should do to 'celebrate' when it feels like this marriage is dying, you know?

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Thats tough! But keep it simple! Maybe you should do a reconnection thing&talk about when you first met
i.heart.myboys
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Maybe you guys need something. Save what you can and go to a log cabin just the two of you or a hotel room. No outside world just working on your marriage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carakitty
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I think what I'm going to do is have us spend the day at the art museum or tour the ball park and go out to eat somewhere near by if there's time. I'd like this to be a daytime date so we can save money on a sitter.

Thanks for the other suggestions. A weekend away at a cabin sounds like it might be a nice idea but I'm not sure how well it would go over. We are in couple's counceling and the talking we do there seems to be much more productive than what we get done around here on our own.

I'm going to be seeking legal counsel soon to see if it's really 'worth it' to leave. So far he's saying that he's going to fight for full custody of our daughter and I won't get any funds beyond basic child support because he will be going on disability pay and he can legally keep all of that. So from what he was saying the other day it sounds like if I go wants me to have nothing but the clothes on my back. Maybe my Pilot too, if I could prove a way to afford the payments and insurance. Here I was hoping for my daughter at least part time, some of my material possessions, and I thought I'd do him a favor to take the cats with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)