Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vow Renewals

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:08 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi Ladies,

So what are your feelings on vow renewals? My husband was talking about wanting to do one for our 10 years anniversary (Though this year will be 6, so he's really thinking ahead.) I think it's a sweet idea, but I wouldn't want to do one where basically plan your wedding again if that makes sense. He was talking about doing something on the beach (Which caught me by surprise since neither of us really like the beach) and I said we should just go to Vegas and do a drive through wedding by Elvis.

If you've done a vow renewal what did you do?

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM

We haven't but I want to. 

FIREFOX1336
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM
We did this year, we just did court house wedding so we did a little more this time. I spent $300 for a gown at simplybridal.com and we went to Vegas and did a ceremony through Vivalasvegasweddings.com they cover the photographer you just have to order pictures. And being in Vegas doubled as our honeymoon we never got. It was just us and perfect..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mjlowe
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:19 AM

We talked about it. We had a quickie wedding at the courthouse in jeans and t-shirts and we both want a do over.. So we thought when we can afford something we will do it at the beach. 

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM

We've talked about doing a vow renewal..  

We've dreamed of renewing our vows in Tuscany for our 10th anniversary.  Just me, him and our daughter.  Since we're 1 year out, I doubt that will happen LOL.

MommeisQueen
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Yes we will next summer...we both love the idea and can't wait.
MJP76
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I'm torn.

id like do maybe do one on our 20th (3 years) because we didn't actually have our "dream wedding" I'd like to completely do the whole shebang!  However, we love to travel, and travel often, and we know the 10-15 Gs we spend to do the whole "shebang" is really awesome traveling money... We've never had more than 7gs for a vacation, and I often find us not being able to do everything we want with only 7gs... 

So what will probably end up happening is we will talk about re-doing the wedding extensively .... And then go on vacation..lol

BKozICan
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I won't. It has seemed to be the "kiss of death" to every couple I know of who renewed--within two years EVERY ONE OF THEM has broken up.

pittymama
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Quoting OliviaW.:

We haven't but I want to. 

gonecrazi
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:08 PM

We are planning on doing ours for our 15th so we have a few years to go. I think it is a really cool idea.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I honestly am not into the whole renewing of the vows thing. Vows are already forever, they don't expire, they don't need renewing. It's my opinion that people who want that celebration again at a milestone anniversary, or people who perhaps didn't have their "dream" wedding, should perhaps have a wedding reception-like party instead.

I do however, understand the need for a vow renewal if the couple had some issues and at one point the marriage looked like it might end. Renewing the vows in that circumstance, to me, is a nice gesture to prove that - nope, we almost didn't make it, but we did, and we're starting over with a clean slate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)