Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thinking about selling my wedding dress.

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:02 PM
  • 26 Replies

right now im in a purging phase (expecting a little girl in june and trying to make room haha)

but i was thinking about my wedding dress... im not wearing it again, its taking up space, its not like a specially made $10,000 dress... it was $200 and its very simple.  its not "preserved" or whatever and even if i could afford it, i dont know what i would have it remade into.  if it just hangs there it'll yellow anyways.

what do you think?  anyone sell theres and regret it?  keep it and regret it??  just looking for opinions.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grumpyboston
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:06 PM
You could make it into a christing outfit for baby . I was gonna make mine into a commuion dress but grandmother went behind back n bought on same thing eith confirmation dress so mine is garbage no regrets here
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ohmandy
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:08 PM

we had our son before we were married and it feels unfair to do something like that for this baby.  plus we arent religious so we wont be needing those. 

Quoting grumpyboston:

You could make it into a christing outfit for baby . I was gonna make mine into a commuion dress but grandmother went behind back n bought on same thing eith confirmation dress so mine is garbage no regrets here

Amiehart62
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Unless you have a daughter there is no real reason to keep it. I'll eventually get rid of my dresses along with my hopes of having a girl. Which is fine.
ttc1rainbow
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I'm keeping mine, in the event of either handing it down to my little girl if she so chooses or to anyone else in need, that cannot afford one :) 

ohmandy
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:07 PM

im expecting a girl, but even though my dress is simple (while, strapless, floor length) I feel like part of getting married is finding a dress. 

Quoting Amiehart62:

Unless you have a daughter there is no real reason to keep it. I'll eventually get rid of my dresses along with my hopes of having a girl. Which is fine.

ohmandy
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

everything else of mine is being donated... im considering going the consignment route with this... i figure it can still help someone to find it cheaper!

Quoting ttc1rainbow:

I'm keeping mine, in the event of either handing it down to my little girl if she so chooses or to anyone else in need, that cannot afford one :) 

Amiehart62
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
It makes for a great photo shoot at 3 or 4. I would hold off

Quoting ohmandy:

im expecting a girl, but even though my dress is simple (while, strapless, floor length) I feel like part of getting married is finding a dress. 

Quoting Amiehart62:

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Ive been tryin to sell mine for two yrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm SO glad I've held on to mine,if for no other reason than the photo opportunities of my daughter wearing it.I've gotten pictures of her playing in it at 2,and then again at 4.I'm about to do some more now that she's 6.She has a blast and I LOVE having those shots of her in it!I eventually plan on giving her the option of wearing it or even altering it to her liking when/if she gets married one day.

ohmandy
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:27 PM

are you selling online? or through a store?  online seems tough as far as how to ship it (ive never sold anything online lol)

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Ive been tryin to sell mine for two yrs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)