Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

i blew up

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:37 PM
  • 6 Replies
I blew up on my husband over him coming down stairs to tell me that the clothes in a basket up in our room was clean and of course i put those clothes with or dirty ones. This is the second time I've done this. I was watching a movie which i can't ever do and shut of the movie and started to going clothes. I told him some pretty mean stuff as in how i don't know what clothes are clean. And how he don't do things in or home because he's gotta be at the gym other than help at house. I feel bad and yes we yelled. He left our home slamming door. Uhg. I know part of it is me pmsing, but i know part of it was me being upset of coming home on my days of working to a half clean house when he has three days off. I said sorry not sure what else to do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MommyOfTheBest2
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I would sit down and discuss it with him. It's already happened twice, it's bound to happen again. Discuss with him other ways to store the clean laundry so it's obviously separate from what is dirty. You should also discuss your frustration at coming home and having to catch up on cleaning that he could have already had done during his time off.
Just remember to stay calm and put the conversation on hold if he seems to get upset. Our husbands like to think they're perfect and it bruises the ego to hear otherwise :-) Remind him that you two are equals and work it out together.
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyinthe303
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I so needed that. Thank you for not judging and going off on me. I get to a point of i can do it all and keep it in so not to start a fight. I will see how he is when he comes home.

Quoting MommyOfTheBest2:

I would sit down and discuss it with him. It's already happened twice, it's bound to happen again. Discuss with him other ways to store the clean laundry so it's obviously separate from what is dirty. You should also discuss your frustration at coming home and having to catch up on cleaning that he could have already had done during his time off.

Just remember to stay calm and put the conversation on hold if he seems to get upset. Our husbands like to think they're perfect and it bruises the ego to hear otherwise :-) Remind him that you two are equals and work it out together.

Good luck!

MommyOfTheBest2
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:09 PM
I understand, things can get overwhelming and unfortunately those closest to us usually are the ones to push us over the edge.
I think that's perfectly natural to blow up sometimes, you just need to make sure you fix all the wounds from this (like apologizing, explain why you said the things you did in anger) and fix the situation that caused it (clothes mix up, things you had to do that he could have done, maybe mama/wife needs a break to watch a whole movie??) And then you move on and you both will have a stronger foundation and a happier home.
My husband and I so rarely fight but each time we have I try to approach the whole situation with calm and logic, fix that sucker and make it better than it was before :-)

Quoting mommyinthe303:

I so needed that. Thank you for not judging and going off on me. I get to a point of i can do it all and keep it in so not to start a fight. I will see how he is when he comes home.

Quoting MommyOfTheBest2:

Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sagely
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Girl, please.

Put that man in his place!  ;-)

mommyinthe303
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:15 PM
We don't fight to often either thank you.

Quoting MommyOfTheBest2:

I understand, things can get overwhelming and unfortunately those closest to us usually are the ones to push us over the edge.

I think that's perfectly natural to blow up sometimes, you just need to make sure you fix all the wounds from this (like apologizing, explain why you said the things you did in anger) and fix the situation that caused it (clothes mix up, things you had to do that he could have done, maybe mama/wife needs a break to watch a whole movie??) And then you move on and you both will have a stronger foundation and a happier home.

My husband and I so rarely fight but each time we have I try to approach the whole situation with calm and logic, fix that sucker and make it better than it was before :-)

Quoting mommyinthe303:

Quoting MommyOfTheBest2:

Good luck!

jesuschild06
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Seriously communicate about what is expected or needed of BOTH of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN