Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Story which lead me to a diamond ring

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:01 AM
  • 24 Replies

Hello Everyone 

My name is Sandra, It's a story about how I got my diamond ring, (You can try this at home)/It all started at a kitty party or so called diamond flaunting party, Where all my girl friends had their dazzling diamond rings, 

I was not wearing one errrrrr :-(, It was a bad day for me.

I went home told my husband about it , He along with my kids started laughing adding  to my misery and all this left  me sleepless that night.

The next morning I was still grumpy and went up to my husband and told him that he ought to buy me a diamond ring. To my dismay he just laughed it off and went to work. 

My ego was hurt, It was Saturday and we usually have our intimate time during the weekends but I decided not to give in this time.

I could feel his frustration levels hit the roof but I wasn’t going to budge. I decided to go a Sex Strike.

A week had gone by and I could feel the changes in his attitude, we weren’t even speaking to each other properly.I had a gut feeling that this strike was hitting the end when I saw him browsing some online jewelry sites. 

It was a Saturday and I knew that this wouldn’t drag onto the next week, he couldn’t hold on for another week. When I went into the bedroom, I was greeted with my Beautiful diamond ring.

He got what he wanted and so did I.

And we lived happily ever after..

This was the Ring which he bought for me 

Infinity Alternating Cross Heart Pave Set Round Diamond Ring

Please don't try this at home :-) 

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TXbornmama
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:03 AM
Nice ring !!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:01 AM
7 moms liked this

Um okay?  You threw a temper tantrum to get some bling and used sex as a weapon?  So glad it worked for you and it didn't end badly, sheesh.  

Welcome to the group BTW.

larabear1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:23 AM
That's just a bit childish. Sorry to say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommy51006
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:29 AM
My story is much less childish and still worked. I never tried to manipulate the situation. I just mentioned how I felt and a month later, there it was in such a sweet way. Men need a push in the right direction sometimes, but you don’t have to do all that.
amanda81919
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Its just a ring! Wow for the manipulation of your man for a materialistic possesion.
nsparky1964
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:20 AM
So you used sex as a weapon, threw a 2y/o styled temper tantrum,was shitty with your dh, put off when you told him you had ring envy..yeah, now that's mature..smdh unbelievable.....
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Aren't you a mature woman. O.o A tantrum and witholding sex to get what you want. That's fantastic. At least now I have your name noted as someone whose advice I would never want. 

eatyourveges
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
This. My husband doesn't take hints so if I want something I tell him. I wanted the matching necklace to my engagement ring because its beautiful and told him as much. Three months later I got it along with the matching earrings for my birthday (well he said the necklace was for my birthday and the earrings were a "thanks for having my baby I'm sorry this is going to hurt so bad I love you" present lol).

I love my husband and would never withhold sex for such a childish reason. Well really I've never withheld sex from him ever.

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

My story is much less childish and still worked. I never tried to manipulate the situation. I just mentioned how I felt and a month later, there it was in such a sweet way. Men need a push in the right direction sometimes, but you don’t have to do all that.

Small10
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Been with my man for a few years. And he has only boughten me one piece of jewelery.. My wedding ring. And it isnt even big and flashy. Im si glad for reason like this lady im not materialisic. These kinds of people ruinn it for the rest us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM
4 moms liked this

They have parties where people show off their rings??? I'm glad I don't have those kinds of friends!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)