Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Spray Tans

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:48 AM
  • 30 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I get a spray tan for my wedding?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

I am getting married in April and live in Ohio.  I don't go tanning or lay out in the summer.  I usually just have a tan from being outside with my kids.  I am thinking of getting a spray tan before the wedding.  Does anyone spray tan on a regular basis?  Did any of you tan before your big day?  I don't want to look orange, too tan or for it to ruin my dress.  Thanks

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaLa_Ivory
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:50 AM
i did it once when a few friends and i were in South Beach... the place was supposed to be one of the best... butttttt, we all were a tint of orange, and you could see the drips around our ankles and such.
i wouldnt do it again. lol.

BUT, you do lose the orange-y tint after a few days. id do some searching on some places around to make sure youd be picking the best one. it DOES rub off, and if your dress is white.... no bueno!
OR
you can just get some self tanner cream and do it yourself....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vwd_johnson
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't do a spray tan in a booth. It will come out bad. Go somewhere where a woman sprays you. It makes a world of a difference. They will do the exact amount of "tan" you want.

Say you're getting married on Sat at 2:00... Get your tan done Thursday around 5-6pm ...sleep on it, shower it off in the morning, then take another shower Sat morning and you will be perfect and ready to go and none of it should come off on your dress.

Make sure to lotion plentyyyy after first shower. Hydration helps keep the tan even. And do not use a loofah or a scrubber while in the shower.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vwd_johnson
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:58 AM

This is me at my wedding. I got a spray tan done by a women. I wore undies in there, no bra, and she sprayed my whole body...

Do not use tanning cream and do it yourself, you will make streaks and blotches haha
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kes1s
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM

yummy.  Ruining the sheets and looking like you have vitilaigo when it starts to fade and patch out...

I'd avoid anything that is going to only look good literally for the 24 hours surrounding the wedding and only if you time it right.  Walking around for the days after watching the tan stuff scrub off your wrists and insides of your elbows is going to be irritating as all get out.

beeky
by Alexandra on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I was married in England.  I would have looked really out of place with a tan lol.

Personally, all the tans I've seen, from any source other than the sun, always look orange.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Personally I wouldn't do it (I'm also fair complected).   There is too much risk of it not looking right.  

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:08 PM

The key is to do it in stages. If you are very pale, start with the lightest shade they have and work up to it. If you go too dark too quickly you will hate it and it will look bizarely orange. 

earthangel1967
Happy Sept! I changed my siggy & profile for Sept. This month I'll be spending time in Love & Marriage & Frugalistas & Everyday Family Ideas groups. See you there! :D
Today at 1:35 AM
by YVONNE on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I am very very fair and I didn't do any kind of tan for my wedding. Nor do I at all anymore. Any fake tanning I tried in the past had a bunch of negative things to go with it especially when it starts to fade and gets blotchy YUCK. 

Fair skin can be beautiful too.. look at people like Nicole Kidman for example.

When I met my husband he thought my online photo looked tan and told me so on the phone before we met, I said NOOooo I am never tan that is just lighting I am as pale as a corpse he laughed and laughed. When he met me he said you are gorgeous you should never refer to yourself as pale as a corpse again you should say as fair as a porcelain doll. Porcelain dolls are beautiful.

Just something to think about. : )

I'm sure you will look beautiful whatever you decide to do.

YVONNE

Dimples303
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I would be worried about looking streaky or orange. :0 

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM

i love your tan it looked natural and very pretty bride too!

Quoting vwd_johnson:

This is me at my wedding. I got a spray tan done by a women. I wore undies in there, no bra, and she sprayed my whole body...

Do not use tanning cream and do it yourself, you will make streaks and blotches haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)