Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Poll

Question: Should I get a spray tan for my wedding?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

I am getting married in April and live in Ohio.  I don't go tanning or lay out in the summer.  I usually just have a tan from being outside with my kids.  I am thinking of getting a spray tan before the wedding.  Does anyone spray tan on a regular basis?  Did any of you tan before your big day?  I don't want to look orange, too tan or for it to ruin my dress.  Thanks

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Replies (21-30):
AlannaMaria
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:56 AM
I would try and get one done before the wedding to see how it comes out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CJsMommy92
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I'm talking about the people who do it themselves. Professional does look good

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Have you ever seen someone who spent the money to have a professional airbrush, or are you talking about people you know who have done it in a booth or themselves with spray from the drugstore?

Quoting CJsMommy92:

Spray tans normally look bad

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

elizabg
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Thank you ladies for all your input.   I have a lot to think about.  

sara877
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Definitely get an airbrush tan. The others can look cheap and fake. Also make sure you go to a decent salon. Not just the cheapest place you can find! :)

My site :) Cosmetbeauty.com a work in progress

steelcrazy
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I've never done a spray tan or used a tanning bed.  IMO spray tans look very fake.

SunnyDayz-Ahead
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:43 PM
I've never been sprayed by a person, it was good. I have also used a booth by Mystic Tan and never ever did I streak or come out orange! I have used self tanner and have never been able to do it so I didn't streak. I would do a combo of spray tans and then jump in a bed once or twice before the big day.
SunnyDayz-Ahead
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Should read: I have been sprayed by a person and it was good.

Quoting SunnyDayz-Ahead:

I've never been sprayed by a person, it was good. I have also used a booth by Mystic Tan and never ever did I streak or come out orange! I have used self tanner and have never been able to do it so I didn't streak. I would do a combo of spray tans and then jump in a bed once or twice before the big day.

Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:53 PM
You really want a spray tan done by someone. Not a machine. It'll look the most even. I recommend getting one now; see how it works on you, and if you're not a fan, you'll know before you have pictures of it on your big day.
Make sure you exfoliate before you go in and don't wear any lotions, creams, or deodorants(wipe your underarms with alcohol to stave off BO until you get it done). As long as you dry thoroughly before you get dressed, it won't rub off on anything.
Armywifeholcomb
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Any spray tans I've seen always look orange. Maybe not Oompa Loompa but still a hint of orange. I just like natural tans... But if its what you want, I'd say try it out first soon so you can see what it will look like... Idk how long they last but I'd be worried about it looking weird if its not something I've done before.
tr83angel
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Get a spray tan from a person not a spray booth!! I used to work at a place that did both and it comes out soooo much better by hand, also I'd get one done now to see if you like it so if you don't it'll be gone by your wedding! Before you go exfoliate and try not to have dry skin on places like and because the tan will look weird( pics of rings in wedding day is all I can think of) a

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN